- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst - Southampton - £23,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a service desk analyst to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As a service desk analyst you will provide a high level of 1st line technical support and customer service through analysis and problem solving via phone, email and using remote communication for all internal IT customers
- Ensure that all customer requests are recorded accurately and with a high level of detail using the Service Desk call logging software. All actions undertaken to resolve or escalate these requests will also be recorded accordingly
- Using remote access tools, detect, diagnose and where possible resolve a high level of 1st line customer issues and service requests remotely therefore reducing the requirement to travel to site and subsequently increase efficiency
- Monitor the IT Service Desk mailbox and call queue, responding to queries as appropriate in a timely and efficient manner
- By adherence to escalation procedures, promptly escalate unresolved issues and requests to 2nd / 3rd line support teams within IT and externally in a timely manner
- To support desktops, laptops, peripherals and systems in accordance to their SLA
- Configuration and resetting of network access accounts whenever required
- Undertake other duties that are considered to be within the general scope of the post, as required by the Frontline Services Manager
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Great customer interfacing skills, professional and personable with a 'can do' attitude and a client service mentality
- At all times, deal with customers and colleagues in a courteous, friendly and professional manner. This may include the diffusing of stressful situations where conflict and unreasonable demands from customers require diplomacy
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and maintain logical processes
- To be able to interpret technical manuals and documentation to assist with the resolution of IT issues
- Assist with various other admin duties such as the creation of reports as required
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and maintain a level of awareness with regards to current IT and technologies and software including future developments and changes in the industry
- Ability to document work accurately and to ensure that all documentation produced is developed, maintained and published in accordance with departmental standards
Provide technical support in the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2010, especially Word and Outlook
- Service Now helpdesk system
- Active Directory
- Internet Explorer
- VPN and wireless connection
- Working knowledge of HP desktop and laptop hardware troubleshooting
- Network Printing and Multi-Function Printers
The ideal candidate will be somebody who is well organized, reliable, articulate, and well presented, who is also self-motivated, adaptable, flexible and proactive. Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal with a willingness to share information and learn from others are also essential.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael (dot) Coe (at) Networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...