- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst - Southampton - £23,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a service desk analyst to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As a service desk analyst you will be part of a successful team working primarily within end user computing, supporting a firm of approximately 1000 employees across 6 locations.
You will provide high level 1st line technical support and customer service through analysis and problem solving via phone, email and using remote communication for all internal IT customers.
- Ensure that all customer requests are recorded accurately and with a high level of detail using the Service Desk call logging software. All actions undertaken to resolve or escalate these requests will also be recorded accordingly
- Using remote access tools, detect, diagnose and where possible resolve a high level of 1st line customer issues and service requests remotely therefore reducing the requirement to travel to site and subsequently increase efficiency
- Monitor the IT Service Desk mailbox and call queue, responding to queries as appropriate in a timely and efficient manner
- By adherence to escalation procedures, promptly escalate unresolved issues and requests to 2nd / 3rd line support teams within IT and externally in a timely manner
- To support desktops, laptops, peripherals and systems in accordance to their SLA
- Configuration and resetting of network access accounts whenever required
- Undertake other duties that are considered to be within the general scope of the post, as required by the Frontline Services Manager
- * Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System
- * Microsoft Office 2010, especially Word and Outlook
- * Helpdesk ticketing system
- * Active Directory
- * Internet Explorer
- * VPN and wireless connection
- * Cisco IP Telephony
- * Working knowledge of HP desktop and laptop hardware troubleshooting
- * Network Printing and Multi-Function Printers
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.