- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Infrastructure Engineer - London - Up to £50,000
As an infrastructure engineer you will provides the foundations within the IT department maintaining the data centres, virtualised environments, servers, networks, storage and core operating systems.
Purpose of Job
The infrastructure team is responsible for supporting, maintaining and optimising the infrastructure of a technology centric web based company. Maintenance and development of the company's other internal services and bespoke applications is also required.
The aim of the infrastructure team is to make systems available 24/7, 365 for the internal staff and external facing web based platforms. They are also an escalation point for IT service desk staff, security, dev-ops, business users and executive directors for high profile issues and projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Provide support and create new capabilities in the fields of network connectivity, virtualisation, server software, hardware, messaging, storage, networking and firewall configuration.
- Act as an escalation point for IT service desk staff, dev-ops, business users and executive directors
- Act in a pivotal support function between senior network and server team members
- Provide detailed documentation and information on issues, projects and new initiatives
- Monitoring and managing service desk tickets
- Ownership of high profile incidents and problems through to resolution
- Maintenance, provisioning, monitoring, support, capacity planning and optimisation of a high profile 'always on' infrastructure.
Extensive IT infrastructure and user support experience
- Network hardware - Significant router, switch, cabling infrastructure and firewall experience
- Experience working with call ticketing systems
- Extensive hands on support experience of VMWare 5.0 and higher
- Extensive hands on support experience of Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher
- Extensive understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Exchange Online
- Skype for Business Online
- Microsoft M365
- Cloud platform integration and migration
- Data centre operations & remote management experience
- Cisco and/or Palo Alto experience
- SAN management experience
- Powershell scripting for automation
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 and 2013 solutions including Database availability groups
- Site to Site VPN and remote access
- SCOM / SCCM or other monitoring and deployment solutions
- Backup solutions for virtualised infrastructure e.g. Veeam
- F5 load balancer technology
- Disaster recovery for business critical systems
- Base understanding of IT Security principles
ITIL CertificationIf you are interested in this position please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...