- About us
- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Unisys has an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our growing application services team.
We are seeking bright and ambitious graduates to join our team. You will work as part of an application development and support team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. A key part of the role involves the on-going enhancement of a Unisys product that provides records management and workflow functionality specifically to the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment.
Working alongside our existing experienced associates, you will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of IT skills including business analysis, software testing, application and infrastructure support plus project administration. You will be an integral part of the application services team, but will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of departments.
Key responsibilities :
- Become familiar with the various Unisys applications and be able to identify defects and design issues
- Communicate with users on the phone in a clear, concise fashion providing first line application support, identifying and resolving system issues
- Analyse user requests and determine the best course of action
- Work with the support team to identify and resolve system issues
- Work with our business analysts and our clients to gain a clear understanding of requirements and document these for both business and technical audiences
- Work with developers to turn requirements into working software solutions
- Undertake software testing to validate requirements in developed and changed software
- Provide basic administrative support for Project Managers and Client Executives
- Carry out specific tasks in the day-to-day running of teams, e.g. maintaining documentation, monitoring security logs, organising meetings and workshops
- Ability to follow directions, but also think independently
- Taking ownership of tasks reporting progress and planning work efficiently
- Rotating between various teams to learn our delivery approach and differing needs of our clients
- Working closely with senior members of our team, providing ad hoc support as and when required
What do we require?
- A degree in an IT-related discipline, preferably at least a 2.1
- An interest in new technology and innovation
- Ability to analyse and solve problems for both day-to-day and strategic business challenges
- Inquisitive and confident nature, not afraid to ask questions
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with understanding processes and structured data.
- Organisation and time management skills to meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- An eagerness to continually learn and self-improve
- Prepared to work across various departments to understand our full business
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
What do we offer?
- Convenient Milton Keynes location
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for progression and the chance to build a career within Unisys
Unisys is a global IT company that specialises in providing industry-focused solutions, integrated with leading-edge security, to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Unisys offerings include security solutions, advanced data analytics, cloud and infrastructure services, application services and application and server software. To find our more, check us out at www.Unisys.com or watch an introductory video about to our Company at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDaHvC5FjzA.
Our 144 year history is one of reliable, technically excellent and tenacious employees, helping business and governments protect their assets and apply IT to achieve new levels of competitiveness and success.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.