- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Graduate Software Developer
We are seeking bright and ambitious graduates with programing skills and a degree in Computer Science to join our team as Graduate Software Developers.
You will work as part of an application development team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. A key part of the role involves the on-going development of a Unisys product that provides records management and workflow functionality specifically to the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment.
You will be an integral part of the software development team, but will also have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of departments and activities.
- Develop an understanding of the technology and configuration of the Unisys applications
- Undertake implementation work on different modules of the products as required and be able to switch comfortably between areas of the product when necessary
- Perform requirement analysis to create low level design artefacts for individual modules - translate requirements into designs
- Implement modules based on High Level Designs and as per the project's quality guidelines
- Perform Unit tests and test developed changes in Integration
- Perform root cause analysis of potential issues reported on production as well as test environments
- Implement fixes to address defects raised on the system
- Assist in the configuration of Unisys applications based on business requirements.
- Analyse and resolve configuration issues
- Provide status updates to project managers
- Understand the business and come up with innovative ways to consistently improve the software and services we provide to our clients
- Rotate between various teams to learn our delivery approach and differing needs of our clients
- Work closely with senior members of the team, providing ad hoc support as and when required
- Demonstrate problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
What do we require?
- A degree in Computer Science, preferably at least a 2.1
- A strong interest in programming
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- An eagerness to continually learn and self-improve
- Prepared to work across various departments to understand our full business
- Java frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2, MAVEN)
- Testing (e.g. JUnit)
- Relational databases such as Oracle, SQL, and Postgres
What do we offer?
- Convenient Milton Keynes location
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for progression and the chance to build a career within Unisys
Unisys is a global IT company that specialises in providing industry-focused solutions, integrated with leading-edge security, to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. Unisys offerings include security solutions, advanced data analytics, cloud and infrastructure services, application services and application and server software. To find our more, check us out at www.Unisys.com or watch an introductory video about to our Company at www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDaHvC5FjzA.
Our 144 year history is one of reliable, technically excellent and tenacious employees, helping business and governments protect their assets and apply IT to achieve new levels
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.