- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Infrastructure Engineer - Southampton - Up to £45,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for an Infrastructure engineer to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will be resolving complex technical service issues, perform general support, delivery and development activities against a variety of technical services that fall under the end user services team.
Whilst this role is operational in nature, you have work on a variety of projects to review technical service design/architecture, implement and support new technical services within the group.
- Third line support, complex technical problem and analysis with design and delivery activity across end user services portfolio.
- Engaging with product vendors to resolve technical service issues
- Building technical service documentation, SOP's and work instructions for 1st/2nd line teams
- Delivering service in line with core SLA's
- Regularly engage customers and key stakeholders for feedback, establishing improvement plans and feeding back on progress on an ongoing basis, measuring the success of related outcomes.
- Assessing and reviewing to new technical service design
- Working with vendors and infrastructure design teams
- Playing a key role is making sure our infrastructure services are at the forefront of IT
- Ability to design, deliver and effectively support/run a variety of technologies throughout career
- Previous experience working in a 3rd line technical support role
- Technologist mind-set, awareness of vendor product roadmaps
- Demonstrable feedback-driven approach to service improvement
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server Technologies 2008/2012
- Active directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP
- Good understanding of networking
- Virtualisation experience - VMWare, Citrix
- Ideally you will have experience with collaboration technologies such as Office365, Unified Comms, SharePoint
- A desire to add value within a 3rd line role with a view to take advantage of in house training and become an SME in a related infrastructure technology.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at Michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...