- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
GDPR Information Governance Lead
A GDPR Information Governance Lead is required for 4 months (likely to be extended) based near Birmingham
To assist the Information Governance Manager ( DPO ) in the implementation, development and maintenance of GDPR Project that ensure the legal and regulatory compliance within an efficient and effective Information Governance Framework.
Currently Information Governance encompasses the following areas.
1. Data Protection
2. Freedom of Information & Environmental Information Regulations
4. Records Management
5. Information Security and Risk
6. Information Quality Assurance
1. To provide technical advice and support to all officers, councillors, projects, forums (internal and external) to establish robust delivery of the GDPR project arrangements, whilst also maintaining knowledge of developments.
2. To review, update and monitor Information Sharing arrangements and with external parties to ensure that information assets are shared in accordance with the law, good practice and service requirements
3. Assist in the development and implementation of GDPR awareness, and cross organisational training programmes as part of corporate induction and on-going awareness training.
4. To deliver and facilitate training and workshops relating to GDPR awareness and legislation to a range of audiences as part of corporate induction and on-going awareness training, ensuring that appropriate references are made to local policy and procedures.
5. To work closely with the Information Governance Manager (DPO) and the Senior Information Risk Owner to reduce or mitigate information risk, including financial penalties.
6. Maintaining up to date knowledge and understanding of Information Governance best practice and associated legislation including current Data Protection Reform. Data Protection Act, Common Law Duty of Confidentiality, Human Rights Act re Privacy, and Records Management.
7. Provide interpretation, guidance and advice to senior managers to ensure compliance with GDPR and national best practice and associated legislation and brief colleagues as needed to enable measures to be implemented where and when necessary. This particularly relates to access and use of personal and non personal data by staff, elected members, other public bodies and members of the public.
8. To review and maintain a framework of assessment that identifies and assesses all data flows and information risks identifying key stakeholders and building relationships with them.
9. To advise staff and elected members on the implementation of GDPR
10. To collate and analyse information relating the GDPR project and work collaboratively with the project Co-ordinator to deliver project outcomes
11. To present to the Forum for Information Governance & Assurance providing assurance on the effectiveness of the GDPR project.
12. To maintain a register of Information Assets, Information Asset Owners and Custodians for sets of information and educate and train Information Asset Owners on their responsibilities in readiness for GDPR
13. Liaise with relevant departments such as legal services, Internal Audit, and ICT in regard to the project implementation
This role is to start asap and will pay £16.21 p/h (Umbrella) Inside the scope of IR35
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...