- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
This is an outstanding opportunity for a well established SQL DBA to join a market leading organisation who provides a great working environment and great benefits to all employees.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a well-established SQL DBA to join a market leading organisation who provides a great working environment and great benefits to all employees.
You job will be to to design, install, monitor, maintain and performance tune production databases whilst ensuring a high levels of availability. This role is additionally responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of policies and procedures to which ensure the integrity and availability of databases.
This role will be reporting into the Infrastructure Manager and working closely to assist other business areas including R&D and Technical Services. You will be responsible for the implementation of new products and services deployed in house or identified as a requirement of the business, supporting these products post implementation. You will additionally be responsible for
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with the Business and IT Managers.
- Work with application development staff to develop database architectures, coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Create models for new database development and / or changes to existing ones to ensure optimum performance.
- Develop implement and maintain Change Control and Testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Monitor database systems on a rolling basis checking for any execution anomalies and making appropriate plans to address issues identified.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Design and implement Data Warehousing techniques where necessary to support Business Intelligence and reporting requirements.
- Using appropriate tools such as MS Excel, Crystal Reports and new software when required to prepare routine data and information requirements from any in-house database for internal or external clients. Adhering to security procedures for deliverance at all times.
- Monitor, optimise and ensure allocation of physical data storage for database systems.
- Plan and co-ordinate data migrations between systems.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with all departments and involvement in projects for future customer requirements and implementations. Will need to work very closely with all IT departments to meet with and exceed client expectations.
- Responsible for backing up databases for restore
- Assisting with data gathering and querying for report development
- Dealing with database issues via the service desk following the incident and service request processes.
- Comply with any training requests identified as necessary to meet the requirements of the post and such other duties as are deemed necessary to meet departmental requirements.
This is a great opportunity for a SQL DBA to join a highly trained team who pride themselves on the work they do. This role has many elements and will need someone who is quick thinking and ready for a challenge. If this looks like the right type of role for you please drop your CV through to me.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- New report highlights impact of cyber security skills shortage
A recent report has highlighted the impact of the cyber security skills shortage. In this article, Jonathan Martin explains...
- Why SAP consultants should learn S/4 HANA
S/4 HANA is SAP’s next generation business suite, but why should SAP consultants learn more about it? Matt Zitouni, ERP spec...