- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Infrastructure Engineer (Systems)
Our client is responsible for delivering and managing a large scale, complex national infrastructure. They require someone to join the team managing the Systems Engineering processes as they undertake the delivery of a new enterprise environment.
In this role you will be required to capture business requirements around the build and design of new Infrastructure deployments across key sites.
You will work closely with SME's across Datacentre infrastructure, Networking, Security and Technical Assurance to assured services can be deployed.
The sucessful individual will have previously worked within an organisation which adopts Systems Engineering processes and will also be able to demonstrate strong technical awareness in the design and assurance of IT Infrastructure.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with suppliers on an exciting new build including some cutting edge technologies.
A more comprehensive outline of the skills required are as follows.
- Experience in conducting System Engineering activity at all stages of the lifecycle, awareness of principles of ISO15288 System Engineering standard and industry standard lifecycle activity.
- Experience of development of Service Catalogues, Service Requirements and Service Design of virtualised infrastructure
- Experience in service design and service assurance of IT Infrastructure, with particular knowledge of ITIL framework.
- Experience of working with a supplier to manage their activities through design, delivery and test
- Experience as a systems engineer in supporting Safety and Security assurance activities
- Working knowledge of converged infrastructure and network architectures, in particular Cisco USC and Nexus product families.
- Understanding of security considerations and ISO:27001
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM
- Ability to learn new tools/techniques quickly and apply to the activity.
- Strong leadership and self-motivated
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
¿ Ability to work collaboratively across multiple disparate teams
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Cloud
- Tech career advice for 2018
New Year, new job? This time of year is a natural time to reflect on what lies ahead and how you want your year to shape up....
- Top tech skills in 2018
4 of our technology recruitment experts make their predictions on the top skills employers will be looking for in the next 1...