- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Unisys is an IT Technology & Service provider with 20,000 global employees all with a single focus: to help our customers seize opportunities, overcome challenges and succeed in the global economy.
We work with large organisations across Financial Services, Communications, Media, Commercial, Transportation and the Public Sector, and our rich portfolio of business solutions includes consulting, systems integration, outsourcing, network services and security, leading enterprise-class server and related technologies.
Unisys is seeking a Project Manager to work as part of a team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. Our Consultants undertake a range of activities, including supporting development and delivery teams as well as undertaking pre-sales work, providing technical sign-off on bids and proposals and carrying out consultancy engagements.
We are looking for a Project Manager who is capable of leading all aspects of project delivery for large public sector projects, including providing oversight and control of service delivery activities, customer relationship management, managing project financial performance, risk management, and reporting progress, as well as resource and subcontractor management. Often undertaking solo consultancy engagements without the support of other Unisys associates, our Project Managers need to be self-starters who can work directly with clients, identifying needs quickly. As a consultant attached to our Services organization, you will have the opportunity to work on different projects covering a variety of application solutions, with an opportunity to make a difference in the criminal justice space by focusing on the clients' business needs.
Role and Objectives
- Take sole responsibility for smaller value projects, covering all aspects and focusing on 'making things happen' to move them quickly to completion
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Ensure that appropriate quality standards are met
- Create and maintain all appropriate project documentation
- Agree and document project scope and objectives with stakeholders
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to track progress
- Estimate schedules and costs, producing small value proposals and change request responses
- Manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Organise the various resources engaged on a project, ensuring necessary availability and allocation
- Carry out Perform risk management to minimise project risk
- Ensure that all the aims of the project are met
- Oversee project accounting activities, including time booking, costings and invoicing
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques, escalating to as needed
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of project management phases, tools and techniques
- Strong at planning
- Comfortable with governance style reporting
- Able to manage client & third party resources
- Strong organizational and analytical skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Commercial awareness
- Team-working skills
- Management and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate people
- 5+ years IT Project Management experience
- Technical knowledge around Java, C#.Net
- Solid technical background, with clear understanding or hands-on experience in software development and support
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including MS Project
- ITIL Understanding, ideally ITIL Foundation Qualified
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.