- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager - Infrastructure Remediation is required for 12 months (likely to be extended) based in Sheffield
As Project Manager you will be expected to flexibly work across the entire life cycle of a programme and portfolio of projects as part of the overall programme delivery team. A key element of this role will be working closely with Informatics teams to develop supporting business cases for the individual projects or phases within the overall programme portfolio. In addition, the Project Manager will be expected to provide expert project management support to help shape and deliver individual or multiple projects within the portfolio. This is a challenging role that will suit an individual who has energy, passion and strong delivery focus.
As part of this strategy the Informatics Directorate is embarking on a critical two year programme of necessary infrastructure upgrades. This programme is designed to address immediate infrastructure modernisation requirements as an enabler for delivery a wider desktop and core network (LAN/WAN) refresh. The successful candidate will play a key role within the delivery team being established to deliver this work, supporting the delivery of a complex, highly technical portfolio of over 30 modernisation projects across our infrastructure domains including:-
* service security, core network service (LAN/WAN)
* resilience of our infrastructure, systems and application services. Service alerting and monitoring
* data centre environments / backup and recovery / multi-disciplinary team collaboration.
Main duties and responsibilities -
* Management of multidisciplinary projects, working with teams within, and across the Informatics Directorate
* Ensure the application of standardised processes using project management good practice, methodologies, tools and techniques
* Develop the project scope, plan and business case for individual projects, taking into account the scale of implementation and individual directorate priorities. Support the Programme Manager in developing appropriate papers for the Trust Executive Group (TEG), Capital Investment Team (CIT) and Business Planning Team (BPT) to secure project approval.
* Plan and co-ordinate one or more individual projects, facilitating implementation with Informatics Directorate teams and ensuring that each project has clearly defined schedules and key milestones making project progress visible
* Ensure risks and issues are identified and countermeasures are in place for individual programme, phases and individual projects. Where necessary ensure the appropriate escalation and corrective action to ensure these are resolved.
* Undertake regular measurement of the progress of projects, use of the system / processes and achievement of key performance indicators (KPIs). In conjunction with the Infrastructure Programme Manager, facilitate achievement of the quality and efficiency targets set for the project, analysing trends and identifying areas of underperformance to together with recommendations for proposed remedial action
Experience/skills required -
* Considerable experience with proven track record in the effective management and delivery of large and complex projects through the whole project life-cycle.
* A proven ability to work effectively and sensitively in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Proven experience of the development of business cases. Experience of monitoring budgets and business planning processes reporting status and issues to the Project Board.
* Experience in the process and identification of benefits realisation.
* Good IT skills including understanding of MS Office packages and MS Project.
* PRINCE II Practitioner certification / or combination of qualification and experience to post graduate diploma level
This role is inside the scope of IR35 and will pay £15.62-£19.34 p/h PAYE (excluding holiday pay and pension) or £19.34-£25.69 p/h Umbrella/Ltd Deemed Payroll.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in NHS
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.
- Five reasons to use a specialist technology recruitment agency
Our very own recruitment guru Ben Leeds details the 5 reasons to use a specialist technology recruitment agency. Find out mo...