- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Senior Java Developer
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Developer to work as part of an application development team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe.
We are an IT Technology & Service provider with 20,000 global employees all with a single focus: to help our customers seize opportunities, overcome challenges and succeed in the global economy. We work with large organisations across Financial Services, Communications, Media, Commercial, Transportation and the Public Sector, and our rich portfolio of business solutions includes consulting, systems integration outsourcing, network services and security, leading enterprise-class server and related technologies. Unisys is seeking a Java Developer to work as part of an application development team supporting Public Sector clients in the UK and Europe. The role involves the on-going development of a Unisys product that provides records management and workflow functionality specifically to the Justice, Law Enforcement and Border Security industry segment.
Candidates must be eligible for, and will be required to obtain, SC clearance for this post (already
having clearance is advantageous).
Role and Objectives
* Take ownership of implementation of one/multiple modules of the product
* Perform requirement analysis to create low level design artefacts for individual modules
* Implement J2EE modules based on High Level Designs and as per the project's quality
* Perform Unit Testing of developed modules
* Perform root cause analysis of potential issues reported on production as well as test
* Implement fixes to address defects raised on the system
* Provide status updates to project managers
* Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and Design and the creation of designs from
* Familiar with UML modelling
* Familiar with iterative development methods
* Knowledge of java with recent hands on java development
* Familiar with widely used java frameworks (for example Spring, Hibernate, Struts 2,
* Knowledge of XML technologies and web service implementation
* Familiar with the development of database applications with Oracle, SQL, and Postgres
* 2+ years App development using Java
* 2+ years App development using XML Schema
* 1+ years Open Source Apache with ServiceMix and ActiveMQ
* 1+ years Web Services development
* 1+ years App development using Agile methodologies
* 1+ years App development with any RDBMS (e.g. Oracle/PostgreSQL)
* Experience with Java Portal Server
* Attention to detail
* Ability to consistently work to high levels of quality
* Ability to follow standard processes & procedures
* A self-starter with the ability to work independently
* Good team-working
* Good written and verbal communication
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 7 qualities exceptional developers possess
Liam Grady reveals seven qualities that all employers would love their developers to have in this article. How many of these...
- 7 ways to improve your cover letter for a technology job
What are the things to bear in mind when creating your cover letter for a technology role? Technology recruitment specialist...