- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Data Platform Specialist
The role of the Data Platform Specialist (DPS) is to manage our capabilities for Data Integration, Mastering, Quality and Analytics.
The role of the Data Platform Specialist (DPS) is to manage our capabilities for Data Integration, Mastering, Quality and Analytics. The role provides best practice approach in use of the platform capabilities to integrate systems, master data sets, and works in partnership with Analysis teams and other users in provision of data and analysis output. The role will support the evolution of the data platform as new data domains are introduced, and supports the business to share data internally and with partners.
- To become proficient in all aspects of the technical capabilities that makes up the Data platform: Data Integration (DI), Data Mastering (MDM), and Data Analytics (DA) in order to support the team in use of the platform and outputs.
- Provide expert guidance to users of the shared data platform, who will include Data Governance Analysts, Data Scientist specialists, various Data Analyst Communities, and the wider business such as Data Managers, Data Stewards and Data Users.
- Manage support and development activities with the software Suppliers.
- Data Integration: Create and maintain data integration pipelines. Proactively manage and monitor data integration/orchestration flows, and scheduled tasks. Create and maintain templates and best practice integration examples that will be re-used by users of the data platform. Create and maintain APIs for sharing datasets.
- Data Mastering: Support the technical development and evolution of master data models for specific data domains (eg. Single Supporter View). Understand the data quality of mastered data and provide technical guidance for Data Managers and Data Stewards. Evolve data quality and data master rules to support achieving business benefit.
- Data Analytics: Provide specialist technical support to Data Scientists and the Data Analyst communities in the use of data sets. Provide technical support in cataloguing of data sources. Using the Data Integration and Data Analytics software productionise analytical model workflows created by Data Analysts. To ensure analytics model insights / visualisations are available for appropriate staff and Partners. Manage and monitor the running of the analytics model workflows that have been promoted to production.
- Data Platform Managements: maintain, and administrate the underlying Data Lake, Databases, and Data warehouse marts. Liaise with IT Support desk to resolve incidents and issues with the Data Platform and escalate to Suppliers as necessary. Work with the Service Management Team to escalate managed service issues. Manage capacity and workload of the shared data platform, including Impact Assessments and planning for additional large data sources, and their impact on any underlying infrastructure. Manage Data Security within the Data Platform including aspects of user provision and sharing data. Manage the configuration of the Data Platform and any changes required.
- Experience with Data Integration, Data Migration, Master Data management or Data Science software.
- Developed, designed or managed Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) routines
- Experience of data wrangling and having worked to sanitise messy data
- Previous experience working with SQL code
- Defined or worked with a variety of data formats - e.g. csv, xml, json, structured and unstructured
- Experience in an operational support role e.g.: designing system startup measures, support call handling procedures, diagnosis methods
- Experience with a wide range of protocols and data transfer methods e.g. batch, real-time, near real-time - REST, SOAP, Web Services
- Worked in an Agile manner: Hands on experience following agile and test-driven development
- Previous work designing/managing data structures within a data warehouse
- Experience of file encryption
- Operational experience of metadata and reference data management
- Hands-on experience of cloud infrastructure services and components from providers such as Amazon-AWS and or Microsoft Azure
If this position looks of interest to you please let me know and drop your CV across to me.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.