- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
A Business Analyst is required for 3 months (likely to be extended) based in Petersfield.
The Business Analyst will be gathering information, analysing and validating it and gaining sign off from the Business on the basis of that data and must be able to keep in mind business drivers and identify benefits to the business. The Business Analyst must be flexible with approach - able to maintain control whilst not putting process ahead of everything else. There is a degree of autonomy in the role, so the individual will require enough experience to get on and get the job done but will know when to check back in with their manager. The Business Analyst will be updating standards as they go.
Day to day duties -
o Providing consultancy to the business to capture, shape and triage pre-qualification ideas
o Align business initiatives with strategic plans to focus investment
o Researching and ratifying project proposals, justifications, scope and objectives
o Eliciting, analysing and validating business requirements across a range of business teams
o Evaluating and optimising business and system processes internally and with third parties
o Conducting feasibility studies in order to produce options and recommendation papers for senior stakeholder decision making
o Defining project success factors, benefits metrics and realisation approaches to measure and drive real benefit for the business
o Supporting internal and external delivery teams in the production of functional solution specifications, development, testing and implementation to ensure benefits are delivered
o Working within an agile, waterfall or hybrid methodology as required by the individual project
o Collaborating across the business to stimulate, nurture, grow and challenge ideas
o Influence and be a catalyst for change across teams with differing appetite for change
o Resolving complex / conflicting requirements through the use of appropriate business analysis tools and techniques including facilitated workshops, SWOT analysis, system and business process diagrams and models, data models, use cases and user stories as agreed with the Lead Business Analyst and/or Project Manager
o Coach delivery teams to ensure technical decisions deliver the desired benefits
o Providing Business Analysis Consultancy on one or more projects concurrently
* Educated to degree or equivalent work experience
* Professional accreditation/certifications in Business Analysis or Business Change
* Managed ideas through to benefits realisation
* Delivered enterprise wide small, medium and large IT change
* Delivered IT projects with internal and external development teams
* Delivery of a package selection project
* Proficient in the application of requirements modelling techniques
* The ability to pick up new ideas and subject matter quickly
* Full development lifecycle delivery experience
* Excellent demonstrable soft skills including: inter-personal, influencing, communication, effective negotiation and emotional intelligence
* Soft skills will be as important as the technical skills
* Must be resilient to changing priorities - new team and priorities change
* Must be comfortable to go on the journey with the team
* Adaptable and able to flex
* Resilient - able to say no - in a positive way
* Seeking people who are excited by the opportunities that working in a forming team can offer and comfortable in a small team environment
* Must have required skills and experience and ability to demonstrate they have done the role before. Need to hit the ground running
* Financial services experience within the FCA environment
* Motor trade industry experience
* IT Consultancy Business Analyst experience
* Analysed enterprise wide data consistency and quality
* Delivered change as part of a programme
This role is to start asap and will pay £250-£300 per day (Ltd/Umbrella) based on experience.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Project Management and Business Change
- 7 ways to progress your IT project management career
Looking to take the next step in your project management career? Project management recruitment specialist Sarah Flageole sh...
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.