- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
IT Operational Security Specialist
IT Operational Security Specialist - Winchester - £40,000 - £54,000
An incredibly exciting opportunity has arisen for a IT Operational Specialist to join one of the UK's leading organisations.
As a IT Operational Specialist you will act as part of the operational security team within the IT&N department. The purpose of this role is to ensure the normal operation of the security infrastructure, applications and platforms through provision of proactive and reactive security provision to protect the organisation and customers. Working with 3rd pary suppliers and contractors to ensure that specifications and standards are met. There will also be a requirement to lead technically new programmes of work through the various project lifecycles.
- Install, test, analyst, troubleshoot and modify new equipment/solutions to achieve maximum performance and availability
- Prove technical expertise in the development and deployment of service infrastructure, driving improved technical and service performance
- Design and drive processes to facilitate smooth and seamless deployment of new services
- Supervise the delivery of 3rd party suppliers and contractors to ensure that delivery specifications and standards meet requirements
- Standardise equipment to minimise disruption and achieve straightforward integration with existing networks/Infrastructure
- Document engineering build procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of policies, processes and procedures
- Contribute to accurate forecasting and capacity management
- Adopt the role of design authority in area of expertise to ensure the delivery of the end to end customer solution
- Strong working knowledge of server infrastructure - Windows Desktop/Server based operation systems (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Exposure to cloud based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with access control methodologies
- Exceptional experience of supporting complex IT platforms
- Exceptional experience of building, configuration and deploying complex designs
- Experience in design architecture and documentation
- Strong understanding of network topologies
- CCNA/CCNP certification
- VMWare vSphere/VMWare Horizon
- Powershell scripting/automation
- Understanding of project management
If you are interested in this position please apply directly or send your up to date CV to Michael Coe at michael (dot) coe (at) networkerstechnology (dot) com.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- 6 key takeaways from a recent Salesforce Marketing Cloud meet up
In our latest article, we share our learnings from a recent Salesforce Marketing Cloud meet up and Michael Parker shares his...
- The skills it takes to be an IoT expert
IoT skills are in high demand, but which skills are essential for IoT professionals and what jobs are available for them in...