- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Software Developer required for a 3 month contract (possibility of extending) based in Cardiff, Wales.
Working for a well-established NHS organisation, you will be based within the Databases team, designing and developing any one of a number of new initiatives using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 2016. This will mean writing complex SQL statements using T-SQL, designing database schemas utilising SQL Server features and producing robust design and architectural documentation using schematics, wireframes, use cases and technical analysis.
In addition to new design and development work you will be expected to help optimise and tune existing databases and queries to improve performance using specialist tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To lead in the development of new and re-platformed SQL Server database products
* To complete comprehensive technical design documentation for assurance processes
* To mentor in-house staff in DBA tasks including optimising tables, stored procedures, jobs, connection pooling and other DBA activities to maximise database efficiency and performance
Skills and Experience
* Experience of partitioning, indexing and capacity planning to optimise the performance of large (multi-million records) data sets in relational and de-normalised tables in highly available solutions
* Product high quality technical design documentation to enterprise architecture standards (ideally TOGAF qualified) for assurance review, providing progress reports, performing code reviews and peer feedback
* Strong technical analysis and troubleshooting performance issues
* Writing complex Data manipulation statements using T-SQL as stored procedures, views and functions
This role has been deemed to be working inside of IR35 and will pay between £15 -£17.50 + HP PAYE or £16 - £22 UMBRELLA per hour.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
How can you boost your .NET developer salary? Find out in our article.