- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Security Event Analyst/SOC analyst
This is also available as a contract position
You will be required to use your experience in the analysis and handling of security events to carry out the day-to-day identification of security related events and will need to draw on your demonstrable experience in the analysis and handling of security events.
- Work within a NATO matrix managed Cyber Security Incident Management team
- Appropriately leverage the comprehensive extended toolset (e.g. Log Collection, Intrusion Detection, Packet Capture, VA, Network Devices etc) for enhancing investigations
- Propose possible optimisations and enhancement which help to both maintain and improve NATO's Cyber Security posture
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise supporting the end-to-end Incident Handling process;
- Monitor system status outside of working hours understanding how this relates to Security posture and escalating technical issues to duty staff
The role requires a high level of experience in a minimum of one of the following key cyber security area, along with a working level experience across a broad selection of other technologies. E.g. NIPS, NIDS, HIDS, Computer Forensics tools, Vulnerability Assessment tools, Firewalls, CIRT and CERT
- Security event management and analysis, especially: configuration, operation, troubleshooting, and management of ArcSight products
- Management, use and analysis of events from Network Based Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) and Host Based Intrusion Detection Systems (HIDS)
- Deployment, configuration and maintenance of network security appliances and networking devices and associated management software
- Knowledge in the use of a variety of Security Event generating sources (e.g. Firewalls, IDS, Routers, Security Appliances)
- Network, system and application level troubleshooting techniques
- Computer incident response centre (CIRT), computer emergency response team (CERT)
- Computer forensics tools (stand alone and on-line and network)
- Computer security tools (Vulnerability Assessment, Anti-virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Virus, Protocol Analysis, Anti-Spyware, etc)
- Secure web design and development
- Military communication systems and networks
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.