- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
IT Security Analyst
Security Analyst who believes they have what it takes to step up and build a Security Department for a small business that are rapidly increasing in size after a recent takeover. Will include implementation of ISO27001 and security tools.
IT Security Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Location: Hersham, Surrey
Reports to: Director, Client Services & IT
Networkers are supporting an aviation business in the growth of their security capability and we are looking for an IT Security Analyst or Security Analyst.
The Successful candidate will be responsible building the new security capability and you will be security employee number one! Therefore you will be responsible for implementing ISO27001 and providing security guidance as well as hands on security activities and implementing the relevant tools.
The IT Security Analyst will ideally be taking a step up in their career and will be part of business growing from 250 people to around 400-500 in the next few years.
With huge investment into the business which provides a best in class product, the IT Security Analyst will play a pivotal role in ensuring an effective IT Security System is implemented.
- Provides security guidance and practice in network administration
- Maintains documentation at a level that meets the requirements of ISO 27001/2
- Participation in, and improvement of, the IT Security Incident Escalation process.
- Improve the overall IT security operations including Cryptographic processes, etc.
- Define regulations and procedures in accordance with corporate IT Security Policies and support the local implementation in local IT projects.
- Preparation and dissemination of security awareness information to staff
- Proactively assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Information Security policies and standards and their subsequent publication and awareness.
- IT Security background
- Intrusion Detection Systems / IDS
- Configuration, monitoring and response to security system events
- Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems including Linux administration and common applications (LAMP)
- Virtualization technologies
- Risk and vulnerability analysis.
- Able to engage confidently with key stakeholders
- Previous experience with monitoring tools an asset
- Strong knowledge of cryptography is an asset
- Knowledge in at least 3 of the areas of log management/SIEM, BCP/DRP, IAM, DLP, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanning, computer forensics, etc.
This role could certainly lead on to some high profile roles in the future as it is giving someone the chance to build a security function with the support of a capable security consultant.
For more info and to apply please get in touch!
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Top 5 highest paying jobs in Cyber Security
What are the top paying jobs in the cyber security profession? Shaun Turner, Senior Cyber and Infosec Recruitment Consultant...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Cyber Security
- How to develop your career in data science
Data Scientists are a new breed of IT experts who are leading the Artificial Intelligence & Big Data movement. Read on t...
- Could the CISO be the saviour of essential UK services?
The UK government is getting serious about cyber crime but which IT professionals can help in the battle to keep data, peopl...