- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Service Desk Analyst
A Service Desk Analyst is required for 3 months (likely to be extended) based in Whitechapel, London (with some travel around sites required).
The Service Desk Analyst will be accountable for providing effective technical support to end users (customers). This includes maintaining computers, printers and mobile devices including blackberry devices and telephones. The Service Desk Analyst will operate as the voice of ICT, provide support to all locations over the telephone using remote management tools.
Main duties and responsibilities -
1) To log support incidents and provide diagnosis over the telephone, identification and resolution of faults relating to end user ICT equipment such as computers, printers, telephones and mobile devices.
2) To reach or exceed the support targets for fault-call closure agreed with departmental management.
3) Further support incidents by the close liaison with other ICT staff and third party contractors.
4) Ensure that all support incidents are logged in the Service Desk call logging system and that support incidents and customers are updated daily until resolution/closure.
5) To install and configure PCs, mobile devices, printers in accordance with the trusts policies and procedures.
6) To perform software installation tasks such as reinstalling/imaging computers and upgrading applications, this includes liaison with third party support where it is necessary to complete the work successfully
7) To ensure that all PCs are appropriately configured with the Trust's AV software and that users are given appropriate advice about maintaining security on their equipment.
8) To educate users in the operation of PCs, making them aware of the importance and methods of backing-up data, ensuring that they store their files in appropriate locations.
9) To follow approved change control procedures to ensure that all PCs, printers, network ports, and locations are documented and kept accurate.
10) To advise customers of the latest supported PC equipment and software packages, and make
Experience required -
Public Sector/NHS experience is desirable
* Educated to Degree level study or equivalent
* Substantial Management Training and / or Evidence of a Management Qualification
* Evidence of continuous development
* Professional IT qualification Eg: Microsoft Certified Professional
* ITIL Foundation Certificate
* Experience in specializing in AD, XP, PC hardware, Server 2003/2008
Skills required -
* PRINT SERVERS
This role is to start asap and will pay £12.59 p/h (PAYE) or £15.48 p/h (Umbrella)
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in NHS
- Five reasons to use a specialist technology recruitment agency
Our very own recruitment guru Ben Leeds details the 5 reasons to use a specialist technology recruitment agency. Find out mo...
- Healthy IT investment for NHS
£4bn investment to improve the quality and efficiency of electronic systems in the NHS is welcome news for IT professionals.