- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Network Security Engineer
Network Security Engineer required for a huge aerospace business in Hampshire. Working on the development of a government funded comms project across Europe and to access and correct any network security vulnerabilities.
Network Security Engineer
A Network Security Engineer vacancy has become available with a leading Aerospace business based on the south coast in Hampshire to help support the growth of the security division in its current expansion plans.
The Network Security Engineer will be part of team of 5 people with varying levels of experience in an approved project worth in excess of £300million.
Working on key aerospace projects, the Network Security Engineer will form relationships with internal and external customers and be key in supporting the expansion and restructuring of the division. What's more, is that you will get the chance to regularly travel to Germany and Italy just to keep things interesting!
What experience do you ideally need?
- You don't need to have a specific certificate in any particular firewall/routing/switching vendor, however, experience across multiple ie Cisco, f5, checkpoint for example…or any of the others are going to be considered.
- You need to be able to converse accurately and effectively with key stakeholders and external customers as this is a customer facing role.
- Someone that can understand coding and interpret it. You don't have to be able to write code although that would be nice, but understand it as a minimum.
- Can you configure switches? Do you think you are pretty well educated on firewalls, endpoint, threat solutions etc? Good, because they will like that also!
- Vulnerability tools…have you used them before to assess network threats?
One thing we need to point out is that this is working on a critical project with government and commercial funding, so that does mean people will have to be security cleared. That means candidates will need to be British.
So, above were just some of the things we will want to talk to you about but don't worry if you don't have it all. You'' be working with other teams such as pen testing, audit and risk folk and you will report into the IT Security Manager.This company are a huge business that can provide many avenues for you to continue your development and will support you on that journey to IT Security domination!
If you are interested please do get in touch!
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- Top tips for IT job interviews
Even the most qualified job seeker needs to be well prepared for job interviews, read our top tips to ensure you make a grea...
- Why the UK is a top destination for tech professionals
Why is the UK so attractive to tech professionals? Where are the best locations for tech jobs in the UK? And what location m...