- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Senior Information Manager
A Senior Information Manager is required for 8-12 months (likely to be extended) based in Bristol
A Senior Information Manager is required to support the team in ensuring that subject access requests under the Data Protection Act and are responded to appropriately and met procedural time scales. The role holder will process the more complex and involved requests. This involves initial assessment of the request; contact with managers to identify information held. To lead on all complaints from Requesters. To apply knowledge of data protection principles and statute to reviewing existing processes, and ensuring that new systems, procedures or research studies are data protection compliant.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a team which will plan for and deliver extensive new data protection legislation over the next 12 months. The EU General Data Protection Regulation takes effect in the UK in May 2018, requiring a significant number of changes to existing Environment Agency processes and procedures. You will need to be able to learn quickly in order to play your part in both preparing for the new legislation, and ensuring the organisation continues to comply with current requirements.
You will be a motivated self-starter, capable of managing your own workload to deliver key activities within both statutory and project timescales. You will have good knowledge of the Data Protection Act.
* You maximise work output by setting goals and priorities tracking and measuring outcomes and taking swift remedial action when necessary.
* You prepare convincing arguments on complex issues, presenting information logically, concisely and persuasively.
* You will be able to demonstrate how you have supported process development through to implementation.
* You plan work in advance by thinking through the action necessary to complete tasks to deadlines and adjust plans as necessary.
* You will have previous experience of advising customers and/or staff how to comply with data protection legislation, and will have an understanding of the requirements of the new General Data Protection Regulation.
This role is to start asap and will pay £28.07 per hour (Umbrella/Deemed Payroll Ltd)
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Public Sector
- 7 ways to improve your cover letter for a technology job
What are the things to bear in mind when creating your cover letter for a technology role? Technology recruitment specialist...
- 5 tips to tweak your CV for success
When applying for a role within a certain field, tweaking your CV ever so slightly towards the role can heighten your chance...