- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Information Systems Analyst
An Information Systems Analyst is required for 6 months (likely to be extended) based in Brighton.
The Information Systems Analyst will provide core information system support, development, implementation and information services, throughout the organisation to ensure it has the tools and information to provide cost effective and efficient services. Day to day duties will include -
* To act as knowledge specialist providing information & systems services for one or more business areas. To plan and provide detailed service both by telephone and in person through data analysis/research, development, training, documentation and consultancy services for client service areas. This facilitates the transformation of services through business process re-engineering, performance management and new methods of working.
* To deliver the development, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of Information Systems, utilising formal project management tools, change management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies, including interfaces between core systems and software applications used by contractual external/third parties.
* To be responsible for researching, recommending and testing new initiatives/software and software releases from software suppliers and their implications for the client departments, ICT and the immediate team; to recommend implementation timetables and highlight any resource implications
* To develop and maintain relationships with key business and ICT representatives (including external software suppliers) to ensure that information services and system support/development deliver timely and effective services. To include negotiation with key business clients and external suppliers to ensure best value is obtained and realistic timescales and targets are maintained.
* To contribute to the effective and successful delivery of key projects critical to the continued provision of services by client business units and internal customers. The post holder will be an active member of Project Teams delivering complex business and ICT improvement delivery projects.
* To develop, maintain and provide individualised training packages on Information Systems, producing user guides and manuals as required.
* To provide support for key business areas in the use and application of Information Systems.
* To develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of industry standards and best practice in ICT.
* To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the complex business processes, local conventions and legislative framework underpinning the provision of business area's services.
Experience/skills required -
* Background knowledge of the functions, responsibilities and duties of a Local Authority
* Extensive knowledge of information systems and services including large scale relational databases e.g. ORACLE/SQL Server.
* Good practical knowledge of interoperability standards, eg SOAP, XML schemas, JSON etc
* Knowledge of modern Operating Systems, browsers and applications.
* Educated to at least 'A' level standard or equivalent
* Substantial relevant experience working to deliver council services and/or working in an IT system support/development environment
* Extensive experience of supporting and/or developing Information/Business systems including working with large scale relational databases e.g. ORACLE/SQL Server
We are looking for someone who can work on online form development and support, some business analysis and customer liaison, potentially also web development including front-end/css.
This role is to start asap and will pay £10.41 per hour (PAYE) or £13.45 per hour (Umbrella)
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Public Sector
- 5 industries hiring business change managers in 2018
Baiba Ziga reveals the industries seeking Business Change Managers in 2018.
- Who needs project managers when you have AI?
There are many strings to a project manager’s bow, but will AI make their skills obsolete or will it enhance their repertoir...