- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Senior Business Analyst
Would you like to work for a global expert operator in their sector? Our client provides individuals, cities and businesses with highly efficient and innovative solutions which make them stand out in their respective market.
If there is one thing that staff say about the company that is: it's a great and WELCOMING work environment!! The organisation cares about their staff and you will notice this from the moment you walk through the door. If you want to embark on a new challenge and work in the friendly environment, this is definitely the role for you!
In this role, you will work alongside the IT Business Partners as the bridge between the sponsoring business areas, IT and other areas of the business on specific issues and requests for change.
You will also work with the Business Stakeholder or Sponsor to analyse and understand the particular business problem and potential solutions and to complete initial cost benefit analysis.
Knowledge and skills:
To succeed in this role you must have:
- Ability to apply a range of business process modelling and requirements analysis techniques appropriate to individual assignments
- Ability to logically and effectively work through a problem to identify root cause, identify and facilitate delivery of actions to resolve and use influence to ensure action is taken to reduce the possibility of them happening again
- Good interpersonal skill and the ability to listen, question, interpret and influence business users
- Negotiation and influencing skills to secure resource to progress actions/issues and gain agreement/sign-off of deliverables
- Good communication skills across a range of channels and to different audiences to clearly explain issues and status updates. Communication is needed at a level that someone with no IT experience can understand and reports/documents need to demonstrate a clear structure and purpose
- Administration and facilitation techniques to manage stakeholders at all levels in meetings/workshops and to accurately record agreed outcomes and ensure follow-up activity is tracked and completed
- Data analysis skills and to be able to present clear conclusions and recommendations from this activity
- Must understand the project lifecycle and to have a working knowledge of the available management tools
- Desirable to have team leadership abilities to manage small project teams
- Desirable to understand Change Management techniques used in the justification of projects e.g. Benefits Management, SWOT analysis techniques
- Desirable to understand techniques to develop and evaluate 3rd party supplier offerings and to appreciate legal considerations in the assessment of contractual terms
- Desirable to demonstrate an ability to proactively identify solutions and improvements to business problems and to establish actions to implement
- Desirable to have or be undertaking learning towards a recognised IT qualification e.g. BCS (Chartered Institute of IT), ITIL, PRINCE/APM
- Previous experience as a Business Analyst within another organisation regardless of the industry sector
- Experience of managing workshops including documenting output and following up agreed actions
In the Senior Business Analyst role and you will have a chance to progress your career further in an exciting work environment. If this sounds like a good opportunity, we want to hear from you!!
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
- Women in Project Management: Making the most of the workforce
Baiba Ziga, Project Management Recruitment Consultant, Networkers, reports back on some of the key take aways from the APM N...
Top in Leadership
- Who needs project managers when you have AI?
There are many strings to a project manager’s bow, but will AI make their skills obsolete or will it enhance their repertoir...
- Lessons from the top women in tech
Are you a female STEM graduate? Following the Females of the Future event held earlier this week, Girls in Tech & Networ...