- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Broker Consultant, Johannesburg (must be willing to travel)
Our client is a financial services firm built using the latest technology and health & wellness research.
They saw a way to use personalised data and technology to develop better insurance products that can improve the lives of their policyholders. It's their way of empowering people to better manage their health and finances, and get them to live more fulfilling lives.
*We are only able to consider South African citizens for this role.
Responsible and accountable for executing broker training, support and relationship building for our client to be positioned as the life, disability, and severe illness insurer of choice for the associated intermediaries and their customers.
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Valid driver's licence and own transport
- Minimum of 4 years' experience as a Broker Consultant, Key Account Manager or similar sales and relationship management role
- Product knowledge and competitor intelligence
- Develop and implement marketing plans that will outperform competitor strategies
- Continuously analyse competitor strategies and ensure knowledge is current on competitor activity, new products and services
- Promote and market our client and its solutions to brokers to influence the sale of our products
- Partner with and identify the needs of brokers and provide the necessary support
- Negotiate with intermediaries regarding the level of business and servicing requirements
- Promote our client's products and solutions through marketing presentations and training
- Establish and maintain business relationships to grow market share with existing brokers
- Ensure that our client's processes and policies are adhered to at all times and represent the company in a professional, business-like manner
- Initiate and manage marketing drives to secure profitable, quality new business from brokers
- Maintain productive levels with acceptable quality of business and manage the risk of such business
- Deliver training to brokers to ensure their understanding of our client's products and services
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance customer service delivery
- Drive customer service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that customers receive appropriate advice and after-sales service
- Ensure that customer queries are used as a mechanism to improve customer service and business processes
- Provide regular reports on delivery of services against agreed service standards and in terms of overall client targets.
- Provide authoritative expertise and advice to brokers and stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the delivery on broker service level agreements with customers and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that customer expectations are managed
- Make recommendations to improve customer service
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional customer service
- Build strong relationships through providing specialist know-how and leadership to others, expressing positive expectations
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof
- Positively influence and manage change and offer specialist support where required
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas and involvement of colleagues
- Participate and contribute to a positive work culture
- Take ownership for driving career development
- Research and monitor financial market trends to ensure that plans are relevant, effective and to identify any necessary updates
- Prepare, interpret and present customer financial performance and other relevant information to enhance customer understanding and facilitate decision-making
Key Performance Measures:
- Value of customer book for assigned brokers
- Number and value of new sales for assigned brokers
- Average underwriting rates for new sales (assessing quality of the new customer book)
- Customer retention (vs lapse rate) for assigned brokers
- Broker product knowledge and accreditation
- Positive intermediary and broker engagement
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.