- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Intermediate - Senior Automation Engineer / Tester
Our client develops a range of products that are used by the world's largest voice/calling service providers.
Intermediate - Senior Automation Engineer/ Tester, Cape Town, Century City
These market leading tools are paired with professional services which help their customers achieve the most from their cloud calling and collaboration solutions. They operate in a very dynamic industry and leverage the latest technologies to keep their software at the forefront of the market.
Their global teams are based at offices in Cape Town, Dallas, London and Sydney. Their engineers are encouraged to travel and work directly with our customers to gain real world experience. Meaning: opportunity to travel!
The majority of the team is based in Cape Town and is responsible for the design, development and go-to market of various software products. They work in an agile process using Kanban to manage the flow of work.
They are faced with challenging problems on a regular basis, so problem solving skills are a must.
They promote cross-skilling with the goal of building a team of multi-skill engineers.
Automation forms a key part of our client's strategy to deliver high quality software in a fast paced market. The role supports product development and delivery by implementing and maintaining automation using modern continuous integration and automated testing approaches.
*This role requires a development background as similar skills are required to solve the challenges with testing our dynamic products.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Contribute and drive the vision for how testing is done in Engineering.
- Ownership of all automation tests, scripts, builds and pipelines. A key measure of success is the successful execution of these.
- Ownership of all automation frameworks and artefacts.
- Responsible for detailed and summarised reporting of all automation processes and builds.
- Required to implement effective manual test strategies where automation is not possible.
- Design automation tests to maximise defect identification.
- Identifying and logging defects.
- Participating in an Agile development process as projects require.
- Collaborating with the team to continually improve the product and delivery processes.
- Create automated tests and contribute towards a sophisticated continuous integration system.
- Quality focus throughout the delivery cycle.
- Enable customers and VOSS service organization by actively engaging on IM client channels (Skype, Webex Teams, and Microsoft Teams etc.)
Technical skills and experience:
- At least 4 years of experience working with modern continuous integration and automated testing practices.
- At least 2 years of development experience is required.
- Must be willing to work across the full product stack i.e. platform, database, application, GUI portal and any template language that might be required.
- Linux admin and Bash scripting
- REST API Integration
- Keen problem solving ability
- Motivated, self-starter
- Fast learner
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across technology stacks
- Completed relevant programming / automation courses
- Driving and travel requirements
- Must hold current valid driver's license and passport
- Must be able to travel from time to time
- You must have the legal right to work in South Africa
- Software Development
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.