- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
QA Engineer (Lead role) - contract
We are looking to add to their team, within the QA space. If you are skilled in QA Engineering, have AWS experience and have the ability to lead a team, and are keen to be a part of one of the best tech teams in SA, keep reading!
Our client is South Africa's #1 Retailer! AND They're looking for a QA Engineer Lead!
*please only apply if you meet the requirements
*this role is only open to South African citizens, based in South Africa
Main purpose of the role:
- Identify opportunities for automation within software processes.
- Design and execute QA tests using scripts that automatically test functionality.
- Run tests for databases, systems, networks, applications, hardware and software.
- Identify bugs and quality issues in development, service or business processes.
- Install applications and databases relevant to automation.
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Gather requirements from clients, customers or end-users to develop the best automation solutions
Key Performance Areas:
- Test case / script generation and review.
- Test prerequisites compilation.
- Test execution and recording.
- Maintenance of high quality and accuracy.
- Test status updates.
- Test closure activities
Job related skills:
- Build enhancements to test frameworks increasing speed and productivity
- GUI/API automation/performance solutions using different tools
- Refinement of automation/performance tech methodologies and approach
- Innovate solutions and idea improving SQA processes
- Influence the direction of the automation effort, and its schedule and prioritization
- Respond to technical issues to resolve and follow up
- Collaborate with other IT and application resources and teams
- Collaboratively work with the rest of the QA team to refine quality assurance practices and technique within the greater team
- Work with the support team to interpret and implement quality assurance standards for the context of the project or BAU ticket
- In sprint / release automation
- In sprint / release manual testing if automation is not possible
- Pair / collaborative testing with the developers in the support team
- Continually evaluate the adequacy of quality assurance standards in their projects
- Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Collect and compile statistical quality data
- Analyse data to identify areas for improvement in the quality and automation capabilities
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
- Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
- Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Monitor risk management activities Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Testing and Tool Types:
Testing and automation types:
- Device testing, Integration Testing, UI, E2E, API, REST
- Selenium, Robot Framework, Postman, UFT, Appium, Mobile Centre, SoupUI
- Eclipse, IntelliJ
- Jenkins, Bamboo etc. Build Tools:
Version control tools:
- GIT, Bitbucket
- JIRA (Zephyr), QC / ALM
- NewRelic, Load Runner, NeoLoad, JMeter
- Java, C#, SQL, Python