- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
We are looking for an experienced Incident Manager with the ability to work across multiple teams, in a high-paced and high-output environment!
Purpose of Role To enhance the existing incident management workflow by automating as much as possible the ticket lifecycle process and introduce new functionality such as automated email/sms notifications.
The Incident Manager must have a thorough understanding of ITIL framework and the ability to apply Incident Management best practices to support real-world operations.
- Develop and document Incident Management policies, process, and procedures that support business requirements.
- Verify that NOC correctly identify and classify Incidents to the appropriate severity level and handle according to agreed-upon Incident response procedures.
- Monitor notification processes to ensure that designated personnel are notified of all Severity 0, 1 and 2 incidents within agreed timeframes.
- Monitor Incident Management processes to ensure that escalated incidents are routed to the appropriate next-level service group thus complying with service level response times.
- Monitor resolution of escalated incidents with all Tier 2 and Tier 3 support teams within to ensure that incidents are being resolved according to SLAs.
- Coordinate major incident closure, initiate a phone conference bridge, and document all actions taken to resolve the incident. Monitor incident resolution progress through to final closure, and record/update incident record status as appropriate.
- Monitor and report on Incident Management process to ensure that Incident and Problem Management are working together to determine when problem investigations should be opened to address an incident or series of incidents.
- Monitor the ongoing status of an incident and corresponding problem records to ensure that the latter are being addressed and resolved.
- Participate in Problem Management review sessions as appropriate.
- Stay on top of resolution processes/initiatives and provide timely updates.
- Monitor change/release management processes to ensure that all appropriate authorizations have been obtained prior to performing system change activities that might require a planned system outage.
- Develop appropriate communications for distribution to third party gaming partners regarding upcoming planned outages.
- Perform audits/inspections of the Incident Management records and processes, to verify ongoing compliance, accuracy, completeness, etc.
- Analyze incident trends, and create reports that depict the outcome of that analysis and recommend corrective actions as necessary. Incident reports must be dispatched within the timeframe specified in the relevant SLA(s).
- Develop and use metrics (Key Performance Indicators) to validate success and identify improvements in problem management methods and procedures.
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective action completion to help eliminate disruption of services and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization using validated problem analysis methodology and tracking all elements of the RCA to closure.
- The Person Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The ideal candidate must put forward a professional behaviour that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- He/she must also be able to explain complex technical topics to a non-technical audience as well as communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- He/she must maintain a professional, polished demeanour in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, information systems, or related field and minimum of 5 years of support services or project/program experience or equivalent.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills with great attention to detail.
- Attested ability to manage critical, high-severity incidents with a sense of urgency to drive resolution as quickly as possible.
- Excellent client handling skills.
- Deep understanding of the Incident, Service Request, Problem and Knowledge Management processes.
- Familiarity with Linux-based systems is considered an asset.
- Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment.
- Works well under pressure and possesses the aptitude to quickly understand work processes and flows in various business units.
● Positive, self-confident and able to work on own initiative.
Location: Blouberg, Cape Town
*Please note our client is only able to consider South African citizens or candidates with valid work permits.
*Please note candidates wishing to apply, must be open to working within Gaming/Gambling and Betting.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.