- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Service Operation Centre (SOC) Engineer
The focus of this role is to play a key part, as a member of the SOC team, to take responsibility for the efficient operation of the Client network platforms and services network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
The focus of this role is to play a key part, as a member of the SOC team, to take responsibility for the efficient operation of the Client network platforms and services network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the coordination and management of trouble tickets and planned works to resolution, handling of escalations and provision of notifications in a manner consistent with service levels assigned to specific issues. Fast and accurate demarcation of non-network-related issues, to support end-to-end resolution of service-related problems and to develop proactive care capabilities for value-user experience, satisfying customer relationships and increasing revenues.
- Shift role 4 days, 4 off, 4 nights.
- Support SOC service models and processes, in particular:
- Alarm monitoring, including Huawei T2000 monitoring
- Service Quality monitoring
- Fault resolution
- Change requests authorisation and implementation of some controlled changes to network devices
- Escalations to 3rd line / 3rd party vendors
- Outage notification to the business
- Working with OSP teams to identify fibre faults
- Cabling (24/7/365)
- Housekeeping (out of hours)
- Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of all source data sets (e.g. indications and warnings)
- Use provided tools to perform continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity and configure mitigations
- Coordinate with enterprise-wide Networks teams to validate network alerts
- Employ approved defence-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defence-in-multiple places, layered defences, security robustness)
- GCSE Maths and English.
- Understanding of Ms office including Word, Excel, Share point.
- IT qualification.
- Experience of working on network equipment in an ISP environment, a large NOC or other such company associated with networking.
- Basic understanding of the following technologies: IP Protocols (ICMP, UDP, TCP).
- CCNA certified or equivalent level of knowledge.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.