- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
The Hadoop Admin will manage the production of the Hadoop infrastructure multiple development & test infrastructures. As well as handle advanced support cases regarding product deployments.
Hadoop Administrator Roles and Responsibilities include setting up Hadoop clusters. Other duties involve backup, recovery, and maintenance.
- Must have subject matter expertise and hands on delivery experience working on popular Hadoop distribution platforms like Cloudera, HortonWorks, and / or MapR.
- Hadoop Cluster connectivity & security Including: SSL, MIT Kerberos, AD Kerberos, Free IPA, LDAP etc.
- Hadoop administration includes ongoing administration of multiple Hadoop infrastructures.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of Hadoop cluster job performances.
- HDFS maintenance and support
- Setting up new Hadoop users.
- Report defects to the development team or manager and driving them to closure.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience (5 years desired)
- 4 year degree is required.
- Relevant certification (Cloudera, Hortonworks, etc.) is beneficial.
- Extensive knowledge about Hadoop Architecture
- Strong scripting skills in Linux environment
- Hands on knowledge and experience of Kafka, YARN, Spark, HBase, Hive, Impala, SOLR Cloud
- Knowledge of HBase for efficient Hadoop administration
- Knowledge of Java to test Spark Jobs
- Experience with Kerberos installation and configuration
- Experience with SSL and Kerberos configuration of all Hadoop services
- Experience with developing and implementing functional test cases and performance testing in Hadoop/Spark/Hive/HBase/SOLR components.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.