- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Product Manager Job - Century City
A Cloud and Payments Tools business is looking for a Product Manager to join their team.
- We care about our customers and our team; we like to work hard but we realise life is not only about work and we continuously work to make sure our people are happy and feel supported.
- We have a start-up culture with relaxed dress
- Flexible working hours (with late starting at 10am)
- Friday lunches
- Various office amenities including a pool table and an energising vibe but with the comfort of knowing the company has been around for 15 years.
- We are committed to continuous innovation and bringing out the best products in Payments.
- We work with some big international customer names.
- Our people have the ability to travel to the UK and US amongst other countries.
- We provide entry into, and training, in the highly complex and sought-after international Payments market.
All successful candidates who join must demonstrate the following principles:
- Be able to earn the trust and respect of their colleagues
- Go above and beyond for their stakeholders / customers
- Have an extremely helpful attitude and be a team player
- Always leave things better than they found them
- Take initiative and ownership
- Take pride in what they produce and therefore produce high quality
- Be committed to the company but also be able to strike a balance
- Manage both product planning and product marketing, this will include managing their various products throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products
- Identifying potential new products or enhancements to existing products
- Conducting market research and positioning existing products within these markets appropriately to maximise opportunities
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to generate product requirements, focusing first on the Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Defining Business Requirements and/or Solution Overview Documents focusing first on the MVP - ensuring that the structure of the plans for new products facilitate customer testing and feedback cycles as early as possible in the cycle
- Managing the Jira backlog of requirements within the Scrum process and defining acceptance criteria for each requirement
- Establishing appropriate product pricing and reviewing and publishing new pricing annually
- Defining roadmaps for existing products based on actual market, existing customer or customer opportunity research
- Managing market release plans and a strategy for when, where and how new products are released
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies for new and existing products
- Regular (at least quarterly) customer engagement for product feedback
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a business or related field from a recognised institution
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a Product Manager within a software organisation, preferably in Cloud / Payments
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent analytical abilities and outstanding time management skills
- Ability to deal with stress, as the job will entail obstacles, challenges and a lot of responsibility.
- Proficiency in standard Windows-based IT applications
- Common business sense, marketing knowledge and the ability to handle detailed logistics.
The Products that will be managed will use the following technologies
- Windows (Windows 10, Windows Server)
- Java (Spring Framework)
- Angular2+ (SCSS, TS)
- Databases (Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Databases)
- Amazon Web Services
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements!
Must reside in Cape Town to apply for this position
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.