- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Linux Systems Engineer Job - Cape Town
A leading web hosting company in Cape Town, South Africa (Northern Suburbs)
Salary up to R90k per month
Linux System Engineer
A client of ours is looking for Linux systems engineer to join a team that specialises in the development and maintenance of high performance Linux and cloud hosting solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of taking arge scale managed hosting environment to the next level by applying both your server admin and software development skills
What you'll do:
- Develop and maintain reliable, fast, secure and scalable hosting infrastructure.
- Translate customer requirements into robust innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with diverse tech teams.
- Be part of ensuring that the hosting platform provides fantastic long term value to the market
- Provide after hours on-call support
- Actively participate in continuous improvement within the team.
The right candidate:
- Is passionate about quality and high standards
- Gets the false economy of interim solutions
- Knows how to iterate towards the right solution
- Is able to say the words "I don't know" and "I messed up" and have said both at least once
- Knows how not to lose data to solar flares and bit rot
- Demonstrates passion for technology to serve operational and client requirements
- Has a strong sense of ownership and getting on with the job
- Demonstrates a passion for optimal systems and simple procedures
- Gets the devops mindset
- Is tenacious in troubleshooting problems
- Understands and contributes to the power of a cohesive team
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years with a successful track record in Linux server administration
- 5+ years backend/API software development experience in a *nix environment
- Solid virtualization and cloud infrastructure experience (Openstack, Docker, Proxmox, Ceph)
- Passionate about at least one automation tool (eg. Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Terraform)
- Experience as the last point of call for escalations.
- Has contributed to an open source project.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Exposure to a variety of application frameworks/software languages.
- Agile methodology.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.