- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
MIS Analyst / Developer Job - Cape Town
One of the largest financial services groups in South Africa, which provides insurance, investment, financial planning & retirement advice to individuals and businesses
SPF: Actuarial Reporting (Development)
Do you want to be a catalyst for change in the SKY Actuarial/Finance teams? Do you lead even when you are not in charge? Do you like helping people?
This role is responsible for catalysing change in the Actuarial/Finance department through
- the development of modern, intelligent and efficient valuation processes and systems
- Close collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders throughout development process
- Design, develop and assist with the implementation of a new financial process for IFRS4 and IFRS17 published reporting
- The Personal Finance (SPF) cluster is responsible for retail business in South Africa. SPF provides clients across different market segments (entry-level, middle-income, affluent, professional market and business owners) with a comprehensive range of appropriate and competitive financial solutions.
- These include traditional life insurance risk and savings products, investment, retirement, health and fiduciary services. Designed to facilitate long-term wealth creation, protection and niche financing, these solutions are engineered around client needs.
- As Wealthsmiths™ we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. They are committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities
- Analyze the requirements of a reporting system to support published and MI reporting
- Collaborate with the actuarial and finance teams to define the data model for this reporting system
- Maintenance and development of modern valuations processes and BI systems for the SKY actuarial and finance teams
- Close collaboration with a variety of stakeholders in Finance and Actuarial
- Unit and regression testing of systems
- Document work in a user friendly manner
- Support with the implementation of new systems & processes
- Assistance with ad-hoc tasks and investigations
Travel to Johannesburg from time to time will be required.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience within the finance, actuarial or data analytics field.
- More senior applicants will be also be considered.
Experience & Knowledge:
The following experience would be advantageous
- Financial valuations experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- SQL programming
- Good knowledge of (mostly Funeral products)
- Experience in working with databases
Personal attributes and Competencies:
- Likes working closely in a team
- Self-confident with decision making abilities
- Action oriented (likes to get stuff done)
- An interest in learning new technologies (specifically BI technologies)
- Innovative and conceptual thinking
- Strong technical and operational understanding
Up to R41k per month dependent on skills & exp
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.