- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Business Analyst - Johannesburg
An operator of wireless and broadcast communications infrastructure.
Salary up to R75k per month dependent on skills & experience.
The ideal candidate would have to be articulate and hands on individual, not afraod of getting their hands dirty
The Business Analyst reviews, analyses and evaluates business processes and systems to develop a detailed understanding of business needs
Design, implement, and modify business processes and associated custom applications or Oracle modules
Would be responsible for collaboration with business personnel regarding process change opportunities and for troubleshooting and resolving systems production problems, gathering business requirements and ensuring that systems production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades
You would work on many project related activities and the incumbent may be responsible for managing small projects.
- Effective self-leadership as an individual contributor in a high-performance environment.
- Provision of day-to-day support and troubleshooting of user and application problems.
- Analysis, design, development, implementation and support of application projects.
- Ensure you have a Learning Plan in place and are driving your development and career aspirations
- Ensure conformance to HSE Legislation and ATCSA Health, Safety and Environmental standard
- Ensure you have goals and objectives in place
- Ensure you are working as a proactive team player in achieving all your goals
- Provide day-to-day support and troubleshooting of user and application problems within a specific business area.
- Provide consulting support on processes and systems issues.
- Provide functional and technical expertise within an assigned business area in the analysis, design, development and implementation of business processes and applications
- Participate with global IT staff and internal customers in new product reviews, tests and pilots.
- Foster and maintain productive relationships with customers and global IT colleagues.
- Collect, document and analyse business requirements and functional specifications for cross functional projects to provide the best solution for business needs.
- Identify operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
- Develop productive business relationships and integrate activities with project team members, primarily Quality Assurance and Software Development teams to ensure successful implementation and support of projects.
- Maintain all project tasks through the production ticket system or project server on a weekly basis. Keep Project Manager informed of any issues.
- Create or assist with the creation and execution of test scripts to ensure that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades.
- Document system functions and cross functional processes for the IT group as well as selected items for our internal business customers.
- Create or assist in the creation of maps and site lists using GIS mapping tools to support Sales and Marketing for customer site selection and spatial data analysis.
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
- Self-directed, able to work in a team and independently with minimal direction
- Understanding of relational databases and query tools
- Ability to learn new applications (Oracle and non-Oracle)
- Ability to understand business concepts and evaluate the impact of business changes on systems
- If supporting Oracle applications, working knowledge of Oracle R12 E-Business Suite (at least 3 modules
- Knowledge of project management techniques is required, cross functional experience is strongly preferred
- Organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in Visio
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- If supporting mapping applications, working knowledge of ArcGIS server or other GIS tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or related experience strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in business analysis, application design, implementation, support or as a super user or auditor in an online environment; Experience in Tower industry, Operations, Leasing or Real Estate preferred; If supporting Financial applications. Prior experience in Finance and Accounting environment required
Note that the years of experience required would increase depending on the seniority required for the Analyst position.
The employee must be flexible as there may be additional hours required to meet responsibilities.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.