- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
DevOps Engineer, Cape Town and Stellenbosch
A leading South African online retailer, is looking for highly talented DevOps Engineer to join their team.
A young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join their team. They offer a market related, their total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won't be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The DevOps Engineers are responsible for building, operating, and securing the platform that supports them. We enable and support a culture of DevOps so that the development teams get more for free, and are enabled to move faster, safer. A fast growing company, which means that there is a lot of opportunity to shape the tools, technologies, process, and culture of DevOps in the company.
The position reports to the DevOps Team Lead
Your daily work will involve:
- Terraform to manage Cloud Infrastructure, Chef to manage virtual servers
- Building and deploying systems for metrics, monitoring, and logging
- Operations for Kafka, Kubernetes, Nginx, Memcache, and more
- CI/CD Build Systems to ensure our teams can deploy frequently and safely
- Hardening servers, and building security into the platform
- Developing automation so we can focus on the hard problems
- Developing glue code to extend or integrate systems
To achieve this, we're looking for someone that:
- Is passionate about technology, keeping up to date with the industry, always learning
- Is a team player, an active listener, and is able to communicate well
- Shows solid reasoning and decision making, with the ability to work under pressure
- Has experience managing production systems
- Has either a degree in computer science, or industry experience
- Has a reasonable understanding of Networking (TCP, UDP, IP)
- Has experience with Linux administration (Processes, Networking, Disks, Security)
- Has experience with one configuration management system (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
We would also like to see at least one of the following in the candidate:
- Can write code (we use Python)
- Have experience with Google Cloud, or another cloud provider (architecture, operations)
- Have experience managing Kubernetes Clusters (certificates, users, kubeadm, etc)
- Understand networking deeply (tcp/ip, calico/weave, vlans, tcpdump, etc)
- Understand Linux deeply (kernel tuning, proc filesystem, cgroups, os scheduling, etc)
- Have experience with Build Systems (Jenkins, Gitlab, Spinnaker)
- 3 year computer science degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3 years of professional experience
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals, including linux and operating systems, networking
- Solid grasp of development fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is forthright but respectful
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerceand delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under changeand accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts
- thinks like an ownerof the business.
- is SMART, has INTEGRITYand is HARDWORKING
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements!
Must reside in Cape Town
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.