- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
NOC Engineer, Blaauwberg
A payment solutions software development company
Market related salary - dependent on skills and experience
Shift work is required
The position offers 24x7 coverage.
Purpose of Role To administer the Online Gaming platform and monitor and report on a 24x7 basis, ensure optimum performance and availability of such platform, provide second-level troubleshooting support, and liaise with all applicable service providers and third parties. Deliver on KPI's set internally as well as adhere to SLAs and OLAs with regards to service delivery to their customers (both external and internal)
The Person Members of our NOC team are great team players; they are passionate about technology and their jobs with a proactive and flexible attitude and an ability to tackle day to day tasks and projects with an attitude that enables them to constantly take onboard new skills. Sound fault-finding skills and an ability to react to problematic situations in a focused manner are essential in this role.
- 24x7 proactive monitoring and support of the live and staging infrastructure
- Investigate and react to any live issues that might arise
- Prepare and take part in the periodic release of new software
- Act as an escalation point for issues flagged by customer support
- Partake in the design and implementation of new setups
- Handle service requests, incidents, problems and change requests, using ITIL best practice
- Assist in process improvement and automation.
- At least 6 years' experience in technical support and monitoring
- All-rounder, with very good IT knowledge and in Linux technologies
- Possess excellent communication skills, capable of delivering information to both technical as well as non-technical personnel
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Deep knowledge of various monitoring tools
- Good problem-solving skills
- Detect/analyse alarms to provide fault isolation and remote troubleshooting, escalating when necessary
- Acts as a focal point for outages until restoration.
- Ability to analyse logs for troubleshooting issues, including malicious activity or cybersecurity threats
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Understands how to direct, support and guide other team members and knows how to motivate them
- Virtualisation - Openstack, Vmware
- Cloud - Google GKE, Amazon EKS
Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements!
Must reside in Cape Town to apply for this position
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.