- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Senior Network Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Network Engineering, the Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for providing support in the running, re-design and expansion of the network.
- Taking ownership of project work, as structured by the Head of Networks.
- Gain in-depth understanding of current issues/problems on the network and potential solutions
- Full understanding of the services delivered to customers, and their use.
- Monitoring of network status, and pro-active response to alarms
- Liaise with other Client departments to gather required information to complete tasks efficiently and effectively
An affable, flexible and an analytical individual, who can Think, Drive, Support, Coordinate and Deliver. You will be both capable independently and as a group member and motivated by being part of an organisation. You'll have the ability to push through and Deliver on objectives 100%.
- The ability to take full ownership of a project.
- The aptitude to work autonomously.
- Practical knowledge of BGP, OSPF and layer 3 traffic engineering.
- Network aptitude.
- The skill to take a new technology, research it and deploy it live.
- In-depth troubleshooting.
- Ability to interpret packet captures.
- Experience in documentation of technical issues.
- Technically competent with various Office software programs, such as Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Provide network documentation including HLD and LLD.
- Ability to provide and understand IP network designs.
- CCNP or Juniper equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of multiple network technologies IP, Ethernet, Switching, VLANS, MPLS and good network security practices.
- Good understanding of the major routing
- Communications skill essential for interdepartmental working.
- Working towards JNCP, or CCIE written
- CCNP Design
- CCNP SP
- Any Juniper experience and qualifications.
- Service provider background
- Proven experience in an ISP or large Enterprise environment, with direct experience of CCIE level project experience required. CCIE desirable but not essential.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.