- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Head of Software Development
Exciting Payments Startup are looking for a Head of Software Development to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of their business.
The role will be responsible for advising and implementing the company's IT strategy to ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
You will define, prioritise, plan and deliver all development projects, working closely with Head of Implementations & Product. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company's technologies are developed, supported and used appropriately.
Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. You will be expected to be well-versed in current technological trends, especially within e-commerce payments.
You must be comfortable working with offshore teams. This role is to lead and support an enthusiastic and hardworking Development Team (made up of 2 Business Analysts, 4 QAs, 2 Infrastructure Engineers and 12 Developers). A UK based development function will be recruited in due course
- Work with the CEO and product function to devise a clear strategy for IT & Development, including the execution of a clear roadmap for all IT & Development.
- Drive successful development delivery in a predictable manner and with focus on achieving department OKRs to drive the success of the company.
- Provide vision and technical leadership across the technology team (consisting of multiple scrum teams) and actively contribute to architecture, design, and technical direction and hold your own in technical discussions.
- Lead, motivate, challenge and manage the development team to deliver; by demonstrating professionalism, energy, drive, and encouraging the best from everyone on the team.
- Act as a role model to the team and mentor on IT & Development related matters e.g. development methodologies. Instill best practices for development and documentation.
- Full responsibility for the delivery of all development projects by initiating, planning, scheduling and bringing to closure several high priority projects across multiple product lines.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organisation to ensure optimal performance, risk management and security protocols are in place as would be expected from the clients we're working with, including data protection processes.
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage, including in the AI space.
- Oversee and provide day to day leadership and support for the running of all our platform environments (Development to Production) with a continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, availability, scalability, reliability and maintainability of the product.
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of our technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Use stakeholders' feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
- Advise on development resource requirements and participate in the recruitment of tech team additions (both in-house and offshore), identifying strong talent to fill vacant positions.
Desired Behaviours and Competencies
- Proven experience as a Head of Development or similar Development leadership role
- Experience of working in the Payments industry is essentail.
- Knowledge of managing outsourced/offshore development resource.
- A deep understanding of Java based technologies.
- Knowledge of technological trends (particularly in payments) to help build strategy.
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning.
- Excellent operational organisation skills - You must be able to demonstrate top level operational organisation skills and set an example to the rest of the business.
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - You must have strong communication skills. You are required to communicate, present, assert and speak to all internal and external stakeholders and use communication to drive business success.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills - You're required to collaborate with multiple parties and stakeholders from inside and outside the business in order to create and implement an optimum business Strong collaboration skills will allow you to work with others.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
- Extensive experience in managing development
- Well versed in the practices of Agile software
- Experience of AWS
- Extensive experience of back-end (Java) and API Development
This is an excellent opportunity to join a startup with strong funding and a rapidly growing client base. Equity is also on offer for this position.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.