- Looking to hire?
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Fibre Planner (Fully Remote)
Great fully remote Fibre Planner opportunities with a growing fibre design subcontractor! Exciting clients and projects ready for a new challenge for your 2021 goals!
They are committed to delivering an unrivalled service to their customers where 'good' will not suffice. Are agile in their approach and remain people focussed, knowing that a culture of trust and support for excellent people will bear the best returns.
The role of the Desktop Planner is to produce robust and cost-effective civils and fibre-optic infrastructure designs in accordance with defined methodologies, architecture and project timelines. These must be suitable for both the customer's and the business' requirements. The Desktop Planner will work with local and field-based resource to ensure that design amendments are robust and work instructions issued to Build partners are robust, clear and represent the company brand flawlessly.
- To design suitable civils and fibre optic infrastructure which are cost-effective, fit-for-purpose and future-proof.
- HLD and feasibility designs
- LLD designs
- SLD and Fibre Schematic designs
- As-built and GIS augmentation
- To adhere to customer architecture reference documentation rigorously.
- To forecast capex and opex requirements of designed infrastructure projects.
- To produce detailed industry-standard documentation of that design.
- To be rigorous with respect to data quality for handover to customers.
- To drive consistency, quality, suitability and cost-effectiveness.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working knowledge of industry recognised GIS software.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite.
- Good verbal and written use of the English Language.
- Detailed working understanding of all aspects of civil route planning.
- Detailed working understanding of all aspects of fibre planning.
- Ability to produce detailed industry standard level of installation and as-built documentation.
- Knowledge and understanding of lit fibre services.
- FTTH methodologies and design
- Working knowledge of QGIS + Addons
- Python working w/QGIS
- Commercially and financially aware
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills
What they offer
£36-45K dependant on experience, pension, bonus and career progression, fully remote working
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.