- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
FTTP and Metro Delivery Project Manager
The role will be responsible for the delivery of a FTTP and Metro network deployment project within a City.
The role will be responsible for the delivery of a FTTP and Metro network deployment project within a City. Provides leadership, direction and development of all facets in the management of the Project Team. The role will be responsible setting priorities for the project to achieve successful completion of set milestones, whilst ensuring that KPI's such as Time, Cost and Quality are being achieved.
* Management of multiple work streams for deploying FTTP and Metro networks.
* Deliver projects on time and to budget through robust, high quality management processes, covering risk mitigation and forecasting.
* Direct management responsibility for the Construction management team and through matrix management the Planning/GIS and Field Services resources.
* Monitoring, reporting and escalation of issues within projects with risk mitigation management and recovery plans in place to minimise any affects.
* Review Business connection pipeline for the city and working with the regional Service Operations team to identify the priorities.
* Ensure accidents, incidents and near misses, quality failures and service deterioration trends are reported
* Working closely with Contract Management to ensure accurate timely forecasting and cost management, to effectively manage change and risks mitigation to minimise cost uplift.
* Responsibility as contractual Project Manager (or other equivalent title) in the operation of the Contract in place with all suppliers. Preparation and issuing of contractual notices and correspondence as required under the terms and conditions. With support from Contract Management to ensure that all required contractual obligations are met
* Provides accurate weekly reporting on progress, risks encountered and/or forecasted, costs incurred to date, capturing WIP including Risk estimations and forecasted Cost to Complete to Senior Management.
* Manage the operational relationship with all suppliers and have monitoring in place to ensure contractual KPI's and technical specifications are adhered to and met. Through a close working relationship with Contract Management the completion of KPI measurement to a regular prescribe timetable and formal notification.
* Establish and maintain an effective relationship with key suppliers
* Establish, manage and weekly or as required report of project Highlights, Risks and Issues throughout the project lifecycle both internally and to client stakeholders.
* Ensure all completion documentation and As built information is handed over within the agreed SLA by the contractor and it is checked for accuracy prior to issuing to GIS.
* A leader of Quality and H&S promoting and managing excellent SHEQ practices and its contractors to ensure high standards are maintained.
* Ensure individual on-line H&S training is completed.
* FTTP and Metro Delivery team
* Systems & Engineering
* Field Services team
* Service Operations team
* Network Planning
* Sale / Marketing teams
* Streetworks Manager
* Contract Management
* Local Authority/Highways Agency
* Contractors/ Suppliers
Knowledge & Experience
* Proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects with experience of managing capital budgets extending to £20M.
* Strong leadership skills and ability to set good example to others.
* Excellent presentation skills and ability to present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
* Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk.
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project.
* Good technical understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks.
* Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
* Commercial Awareness - understands basic revenue models, P&L, and cost-to-completion projections
* Ability to demonstrate experience and working knowledge of CDM Regulations
* Understanding of the New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991(NRSWA)
* Experience of recognised project management methodology
* Experience of using ICC form of contract and knowledge of NEC3 ECC form of contract.
* Proven ability to identify and action "add on" sale opportunities.
* Experience of CRM systems - Salesforce.
* Degree Level or 7 years' Project Management experience gained within a telecoms environment.
* Project management qualifications e.g. Prince 2 Practitioner or APM
* Institution of occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) - Managing Safely
* Full Clean Driving Licence.
* Civil Engineering qualifications
* Fibre Optic qualifications
* Valid NRSWA Streetworks Supervisor Certification Units 1,10-16
* Commitment to career
* Commercial awareness
* Career motivation
* Decision making
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure this job description provides a comprehensive overview of the responsibilities of this role, all employees may be required to undertake other reasonable tasks as requested from time to time.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...