- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Remote based Fibre Planner opportunties
2 Junior roles and 1 Senior
The FTTP Network Planner is an integral part of the Planning Team within the Managed Services Business Unit. This role involves capturing the customer and network requirements within a specific geographic region to produce plans and supporting technical documents in line with agreed project deliverables, ensuring the accurate completion of all submissions in accordance with exact customer requirements. The role holder will work closely with the GIS team, local authority agents and other third parties.
- Scheduling and prioritisation of FTTP planning work activities
- Progress reporting on planning work activities
- Owning, executing, and delivering planning requirements within a geographic region
- Owning, executing, and delivering planning and design requirements for key customer projects supporting new development opportunities
- Creation of detailed job pack for build - including detailed design, cabinet siting and understanding of cost savings against physical specifications.
- Good understanding of requirements for creation of build job packs - including all accompanying documentation for utility stats, street gazetteer, detailed network plans with work point instructions, CDM, Bills of Material etc
- Augmenting existing plans with legacy equipment, to include/feed new network extensions utilising the latest equipment and using the latest design specifications.
- Liaison with any local authority agents and any other third parties as part of overall planning role
Expected knowledge might include:
- A background in telecoms coupled with an awareness of planning.
- Civils and Cable Planning Knowledge including NRSWA and Street works practices
- Ability to draw together different technical disciplines
- Previous use, or an awareness of CAD and GIS systems
- External and internal planning experience and current knowledge of associated passive network elements and optical budget limitations
- External site survey experience
- Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) planning knowledge
- Experience of PIA projects
- Planning knowledge to 3rd Party sites
- Proven track record of planning successful projects
What we'll offer:
- £28-32K salary banding depending on experience
- Bonus of £6-8K which will depend on performance (Paid monthly)
- A full induction, regular reviews and 1:1s
- 25 days holiday in addition to bank holidays
- A Pension with 5% Employer contribution after 3 months service
- A comprehensive employee benefits package provided through a third-party provider
- 8.30 - 5.30 hours (Monday - Friday with an hour for lunch)
The role is a fully remote based role
Candidates need to be based within the UK!
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.