- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Java Software Engineer
A traditional Java Software Engineer with strong hands-on development skills and experience. Working closely with the development team, product owners, project managers, and Scrum Masters. Experienced in cloud architectures.
- Working closely with the development team, product owner, project managers, and scrum master as well as with QA engineers and other developers.
- Implementing the requirements, user stories, and requirements prioritized and defined by the product owner.
- Ensuring that all solutions are well documented and meets design requirements.
- Producing code which implements the requirements in the most efficient, robust and timely way.
- Following OOAD principles, design patterns and coding best practices, and architectural principles.
- Reporting on development progress and issues and identifying the necessary remedial actions.
- Assisting QA with the knowledge required to test the product.
- Contribute to product documentation of the implementation when necessary.
- Higher Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- Excellent Java and Web development skills and at least 3 years of development experience.
- Experience with methodologies - Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Familiar with cloud architecture and platforms as Amazon AWS, Windows Azure, Softlayer, or others.
- Sound knowledge of relational and unstructured databases and the different aspects of working with Java.
- Quality awareness, self-motivation, and problem-solving skills (the ability to think out of the box).
- The ability to work well in a team but also independently on individual projects and challenges.
- Good English skills and the ability to thrive in a multinational environment, Mandarin is a plus.
Must / Nice to Haves
- Someone with experience in MicroServices will be the deal-breaker
- Developing cloud apps using Java will be an added advantage
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Cloud Applications
- The 10 most in demand IT jobs and what you can get paid for doing them
Do you work in IT or considering a career within it? Here are 10 of the most in demand IT jobs right now.
- 7 qualities exceptional developers possess
Liam Grady reveals seven qualities that all employers would love their developers to have in this article. How many of these...