- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Intermediate to Senior Engineer Job - Cape Town
We are actively searching for several experienced Back-end Java Developers and Engineers to work for a Leader in the Mobile Payments and Authentication sector, based in Cape Town.
As an Intermediate to Senior Back-end Java Engineer, (your job) will help to deliver features to up and coming products and join a team in fast-tracking the building of scalable and secure distributed Java-on-Linux systems.
- 4 - 7 years' experience on the job using object-oriented development (e.g. C++, Java)
- Linux experience: RPM based distros, iptables, networking tools
- Experience creating custom Linux distributions
- Network protocol knowledge (e.g. TCP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP)
- Protocol troubleshooting skills (e.g. Maestro with Wireshark)
- Software load balancers and reverse proxies like HAProxy, nginx, Traefik
- NoSQL experience (e.g. Cassandra, Redis)
- Reactive programming experience e.g. RxJava
- Container technologies like Docker
- Experience with horizontal scaling of cloud components or cluster-aware development
- Solid understanding of and experience in OO and architectural design patterns
- Java development experience
- Experience with Agile development frameworks like Scrum
- Dev-ops experience
- Knowledge of Java cryptography and PKI
- Knowledge of computer science algorithms and complexity theory
- Software/engineering qualification (e.g. Computer Science degree) preferred
- Networking Protocol Knowledge
If this sounds like the job for you, please click APPLY or send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.