- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Network Design Engineer
Design and testing of client end to end network
The primary objective of the Network Design Engineer role is to undertake design and testing of Client end to end network and services as well as provide operational support where required. This can include fibre cables and enclosures, GPON, DWDM, Ethernet, IP/ MPLS, Wi-Fi as well as internet, voice and business services.
This role will report to:
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Development of the designs for the end to end networks and services.
- Development of test specifications for design validation and network deployment.
- Specify, witness and approve formal acceptance tests for design validation, equipment installation and commissioning, end to end network and service deployments.
- Ensure all designs and acceptance tests are fully documented and the network is deployed and configured accordingly. Maintain the integrity of the network and service solutions.
- Support handover of the network and services to Operations and provide 3rd level technical support where required.
- Supplier evaluation and approval of future technologies and services.
- Capacity planning.
- Keep up to date with new standards and technology solutions.
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required of you.
- An Honours degree in Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer preferred.
Relevant experience, indicating that the candidate can:
- At least 2 years' experience of fibre network architecture, design and test with a proven track record in delivering world class fibre networks and services for network operators.
- Experience in several of the following: technology layers for access, metro and core networks (outside plant, fibre, DWDM, PON, Ethernet, IP, MPLS, Wi-Fi), service layers including internet access, IPTV, voice, VPNs, mobile backhaul/fronthaul and wholesale services.
- Ability to design reliable, scalable, cost effective and future proofed end to end network and service solutions.
- Experience of design validation testing, vendor interoperability testing and formal acceptance testing before the network goes live.
- Experience of integrating network and service solutions into a BSS & OSS platform to provide a fully automated provisioning, performance monitoring and fault management solution.
- Experience of supporting network build teams with the implementation of network and service solutions and subsequent handover to Operations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up company.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.