- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Head of IT Operations - Financial Services - EE
HEAD: IT OPERATIONS
- Fintech company in Cape Town (Northern Suburbs) is looking for an Head of IT Operations (EE position only)
The Head of IT Operations will report to the CIO and be responsible for day-to-day maintenance and management of the organization's IT operations to ensure delivery of the agreed level of IT services to the business. The incumbent will be responsible for the end to end IT Operations management (VM server infrastructure, File server services, exchange services, networks, telephony, end user computing, Production support, vendor management, and service monitoring) within the technology team.
The Head of IT Operations is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT infused to support all business processes across the enterprise. This individual will have solid technical infrastructure experience, strong project management acumen, excellent vendor management skills, plus a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations. This individual is also responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved. As a member of the Glacier IT senior leadership team, the role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and ensures its alignment with the enterprise's business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success.
Experience and skills required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development and professional qualifications(e.g. ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF etc.)
- Significant experience of working within a large scale and complex infrastructure management structure including development of infrastructure architecture and roadmaps.
- Knowledge of service and IT Operations management standards.
- Experience in managing a centralized infrastructure service provider
- (VMware, infrastructure, exchange services, file server services, database administration, end user computing support and telephony).
- Experience in multi-tiered infrastructure architecture will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines and Containers will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of cloud technology such as Azure and AWS will also be an added advantage.
For more information and how to apply, please send your CV to Melissa.slaymaker@Networkerstechnology.com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in IT Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Experts needed to help organisations migrate IT services to the cloud
As businesses look to migrate their IT services to the cloud, Andy Slater comments on how skilled cloud professionals can he...