- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Dev Ops Engineer - Bash scripting and Python, LINUX
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work for an innovative Fintech company in Cape Town
Detailed Job description:
- The DevOps Engineer will join a team of Developers and assist in creating reliable, re-usable and leading-edge DevOps practices and tools.
- You will be responsible for ensuring application deployments to both the cloud (AWS) and local data centres are performed reliably and repeatedly through the use of advanced scripting and tools.
- You will also ensure optimal application performance and functional monitoring as well as upgrade management.
Essential experience and skills required:
- Ideally you will have a strong academic back ground and degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent certifications and diplomas
- You need to have worked in a DEVOPS role with both cloud (AWS products - full suite) as well as Data Centre environments
- Python and Bash scripting
- Ansible and deploy.py familiarity
- MySQL/Aurora and MongoDB
- Jenkins experience
- Docker experience
- Wildfly and Glassfish server administration and optimisation
- Understanding of auto-scaling environments and microservices and monitoring thereof
- System monitoring tools (e.g. Graphite, New Relic, Data Dog, Mint)
- Solid Linux understanding
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
Desirable skills and experience:
- Strong understanding of Networks, including subnet classes and sub-classing thereof, VPNs and the various types, and route tables and NAT gateways
- Strong understanding of security including perimeter, application, and database level security and implementation thereof
- Terraform or other cloud-agnostic provisioning tools
- Chef, Puppet, or similar configuration management and orchestration tools
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career in a Dev Ops role, working for a dynamic, innovative Fintech company in Cape Town
For more information and to apply, please contact Melissa.Slaymaker@networkerstechnology.com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Cloud Infrastructure
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- Video: Diving into diversity with Toronto’s top women in tech
Networkers brings you career advice from some of the top women in tech following our recent event in Toronto.