- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Head of IT - JHB
A major Wealth Management and Asset Management company is looking for a Head of IT for their Sandton office
A successful candidate will have an Asset Management industry experience, understanding investment products as well as long term insurance and have worked at Senior Management level for at least 4 years.
** This client will consider EE candidates first **
The Head of IT will manage the technologies for the various business units to ensure they deliver outcomes that support the objectives of the business.
This includes the day to day management of the IT relating to systems and/or equipment. To develop an information technology functional operating model and framework in a broadly defined group functional strategy; enabling horizontal alignment, implementation and adoption
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement tactical delivery plans and set operational targets to achieve multiyear IT strategy that aligns with Business direction and objectives
- Drive delivery of capabilities required to enable new service or technologies
- Monitor and measure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) between IT and end users
- develop effective relationships within IT and the organisation to deliver business and IT objectives and ultimately create a competitive advantage
- Manage, build & maintain a holistic view of the IT systems, processes, information & IT assets as it relates to hosted systems & infrastructure.
- Plan for and oversee the effective implementation of IT governance and information security performance and compliance measurement/s.
- Draw up a budget aligned to tactical delivery plans
- Bachelor`s Degrees or Advanced Diplomas in Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences or relevant field
- 8 - 10 years' experience in the Asset Management Industry, of which 4 years at senior management level
- Experience with the following Applications from an IT perspective:
- Charles River
- APT (Risk Solution)
- Statpro (Performance)
Strong experience also required with the following:
- Regulatory and Compliance aspect of Asset Management
- Process Re-engineering
- Data Warehousing and Cloud Technologies Technical Competencies
- Budgeting and Expenditure Control
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Encourages new ideas and change by challenging the status quo
To apply, please send your CV to Melissa.Slaymaker@networkerstechnology.com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.