- About us
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Interview Advice
- Work for us
Senior Lead Technical Developer / Head of Development (.Net, C#
Senior Lead Technical Developer / Head of Development (.Net, C#, SQL, WPF,WCF, Financial services)
Cape Town - Southern Suburbs
Salary negotiable depending on experience - Circa (R800k - 1.2million CTC + benefits)
- Our client is based in Cape Town, Southern Suburbs and are looking for a Senior / Lead Technical Developer to Head up a small Development team. You will still be very "hands-on" with regards to coding, designing new bespoke solutions within an innovative Stockbroking environment
- To build reliable, maintainable, value adding and well documented client facing software. To facilitate and automate internal processes across the entire business so as to mitigate the risk of human error, improve efficiency and increase accuracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and implement business processes and applications
- Design, prototype and implement highly interactive windows forms applications for the finance community
- Maintain and improve internal data warehouse function and processes
- Create test harnesses for a mission critical processes and pricing algorithms based on detailed technical specifications
- Ensure client facing products enjoy the benefits of stable new technology
- Manage and ensure seamless product updates and deployment
- Manage and ensure up to date product documentation
- Interact with clients frequently on software product and platform queries
- Service bespoke client requests
- Technical or Analytical Degree (with subjects in pure math, stats, applied maths, physics, chemistry, computer science, etc.)
- C# .Net frameworks 4.0 +
- MS SQL 2008+
- Windows Forms, WPF, WCF
- Design Patterns - OO Design Patterns, .NET Design Patterns
- Highly skilled and experienced in server side and desktop application development
- Experienced in creating custom WinForms user controls
- Well versed in Windows standards for UI layout and user interaction
- Highly skilled and experienced in multithreading, UI optimization and responsiveness
"Nice to have skills"
- A good grasp device independent graphics
- A very good understanding of Windows User Account Control and security
- Client server architecture, publisher subscriber, challenge response, web services, REST
- Expert knowledge of the MS Excel document object model and COM
- Experienced in ETL processes using custom and 3rd party tools over various communication channels such FTP(S), HTTP(S), Rest, POP3 & IMAP, Named pipes, etc. (websockets advantages)
- Very good documentation writing skills, must know MS HTML Help Workshop
- Good source control habits (SVN)
- Excellent Excel skills. An in-depth expert Excel function knowledge, understanding of VBA, ActiveX vs forms controls, experience in array formulas, external Excel automation, UI customizations, customizing and creating interactive charts
- Great analytical skills
Why this Role?
- We're looking for the ambitious, determined and intentional developers that want nothing less than to be the best, and work with people that want the same. We're looking for talented people that
- can build something that people will wish they had joined when they had the chance. Get the chance to build something that will change the way the world works!
For more information and to apply please email your CV to Melissa.Slaymaker@networkerstechnology.com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- Tech career advice for 2018
New Year, new job? This time of year is a natural time to reflect on what lies ahead and how you want your year to shape up....
- Top tech skills in 2018
4 of our technology recruitment experts make their predictions on the top skills employers will be looking for in the next 1...