- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer - Cape Town
Salary Negotiable depending on experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Java Developer to be part of an innovative team and growing company based in Cape Town
The Senior Java Developer will be responsible for creating restful web services covering payments, loyalty, coupon and vouchers as well as other client requirements.
Detailed Job description:
Your projects will focus on providing custom client solutions as well as integrations to 3rd party systems.
You will work closely with mobile and web developers to ensure that your backend solutions result in innovative, robust and elegant mobile solutions and web portals.
You will be part of a team of Testers, Analysts, Developers and DevOps engineers who deliver remarkable solutions to clients
Essential skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Information Systems degree / diploma or 5+ years experience
- Java certifications
- At least 2 major Java projects including development of restful web services
- Java - EE 5+ yrs experience
- mySQL (v5.7+)
- Retail experience (Loyalty - ideal)
- Distributed Version Control - Mercurial or Git
It would be advantageous to have experience in:
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous integration, unit tests and functional performance monitoring
- Spring Framework 4 or higher
- Strong understanding of payments/loyalty/coupons/voucher processing
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB)
For more information, please contact Melissa.Slaymaker@networkerstechnology.com
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Networkers launches report on technology workforce
Today sees the launch of the Technology: Voice of the Workforce report which brings together the perceptions of more than 1,...
Top in Communications
- R&D investment creating 5G job opportunities
As the race to 5G heats up, telecoms giants are investing huge money in creating a 5G-enabled network. With huge investment,...
- Why demand is growing for 5G-ready telecoms engineers
New research predicts there’ll be 22 million new 5G-related jobs by the year 2035. Find out what particular skills are in hi...