- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Mainframe Messaging Developer/Support
Mainframe Messaging - Development - Support - Cobol - C
Mainframe Messaging Support / Developer
We are seeking a developer experienced with the C or Cobol or OS2200 language, working within a mainframe environment, to work as part of a team that provides support and development to a business unit working within a Security Cleared environment. The team is responsible for maintaining a mission critical system that is a "system of systems" which is undergoing modernisation using Agile techniques.
- Strong development skills (including front-end development)
- Messaging using, for example, IBM WebSphere MQ
- Applied knowledge of Mainframe (OS2200 or similar) including:
- file system
- COMM's - including an understanding of MCB (Message Control) and/or COMPOOL
- Transaction Processing (TIP/HVTIP)
- DPS (Display Processing System)
- ECL (exec control language)
- RDMS (relational database)
- DMS (hierarchical database)
- COBOL or OS/2200/ClearPath
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team taking on a major product and systems modernisation project that will bring the system of systems into a purely digital future proofed environment. Candidates applying for this position must already hold CTC Security Clearance or be willing and able to undergo the clearance criteria.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
- Telecommunications jobs in Germany
Why is the telecommunications market booming in Germany? And what job opportunities are available for the global telco...
- Why microservices are getting bigger
Find out how microservices compare to monolith applications and what this means for the development skills employers are loo...
Top in Development
- 6 skills that could boost your .NET developer salary
Learning new skills and obtaining certifications can have a significant impact on your annual income. Find out how can...
- How to attract the best developers to your permanent jobs
With businesses looking to reduce their reliance on a contract workforce, Rupert Ronca looks at how businesses can attract d...