- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview Advice
- About us
Development - Support - Cobol - C
We are seeking a developer experienced with the C or Cobol or OS2200 language, working within a mainframe environment, to work as part of a team that provides support and development to a business unit working within a Security Cleared environment. The team is responsible for maintaining a mission critical system that is a "system of systems" which is undergoing modernisation using Agile techniques.
- Strong development skills (including front-end development)
- Ideally Messaging using, for example, IBM WebSphere MQ
- Applied knowledge of Mainframe (OS2200 or similar) including:
- file system
- COMM's - including an understanding of MCB (Message Control) and/or COMPOOL
- Transaction Processing (TIP/HVTIP)
- DPS (Display Processing System)
- ECL (exec control language)
- RDMS (relational database)
- DMS (hierarchical database)
- COBOL or OS/2200/ClearPath
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team taking on a major product and systems modernisation project that will bring the system of systems into a purely digital future proofed environment. Candidates applying for this position must already hold CTC Security Clearance or be willing and able to undergo the clearance criteria.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.