- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV Information
- Employment advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Interview advice
- About us
Team Lead (Software Engineering), Cape Town
This is a great opportunity to join a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company who employs creative minds and people who can conceptualise as well as execute.
Our client is looking for an experienced software engineering team lead to join a versatile and creative management and development team.
Detailed Job description:
- This is a hands-on role: you should expect to spend at least 50% of your time writing code, or working with others on your team directly contributing to the production of code. The other 50% of your time will be split between architectural and strategic planning with peers and senior developers and the day-to-day people management and development required of a high-performing and successful team.
- You will lead a group of software engineers constantly striving for quality solutions that are delivered on time, within budget and scope, and drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
- You will need a strong understanding of large-scale full-stack platform development, have experience building front-end, backend and RESTful web applications. You will be from a development background and have a good understanding of architectural practices.
- You will be an advocate of agile and iterative engineering practices and you will have prior line management experience with a track record of keeping highly skilled developers motivated.
- Successfully launch new products quickly as well as manage a large code base.
- Design and build solutions to assist our business users, and improve customer experience
- Architect and design solutions with fellow team members
- Applying creative problem solving to develop solutions
- Engage directly with stakeholders
- Deal with large quantities of data
Requirements for the role:
- Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience leading a team technically, with a focus on a very high quality output
- Experience mentoring and developing technical teams
- Experience working within an Agile and DevOps team, and an advocate of that culture
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience developing in at least one of C#, Java, C, Python or C++ in a test-driven environment
- Significant technical experience and a proven track record of architectural ownership and understanding
- A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and data structures and algorithms
- Team Lead, Software Architecture, Software Engineering
If it sounds enticing to work for a company that describes themselves as "short on ego and high on output", then we definitely need to chat.
Please note - due to the overwhelming response to our adverts, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.